cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

plastic leveling blocks - What Do You Think?

lovemytt
Explorer
Explorer
I thought they woukd be easy to use for the incline steep driveway. Now i hear they slip on concrete. Any truth? They are on sale at Camping World internet. Good deal if they work.
2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Hemi Engine
2012 R-Vision Crossover 200
50 REPLIES 50

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
I have a set of the plastic ramps also the stackable blocks.
Blocks I use for pick-nik tables mostly.

Getting rid of the ramps. Just made another set of wood ones.
Plastic ramps do not have enough foot surface for my liking.
Trying to get a pic. here. But keep getting double pics.

">
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

lovemytt
Explorer
Explorer
Our driveway slopes to the street so we backed the trailer as far as it would go and placed the levelers. Then we pulled the trailer over the levelers until front wheel was on top. We tried it first in the storage place on gravel and on concrete in the driveway. I'm glad to report no slippage and the levelers are no worse for the trial runs.
2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Hemi Engine
2012 R-Vision Crossover 200

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
After two MHs and now 2nd TT over last 30 yrs, used the blocks and wood ramps until last season. Now would not use anything but horse mats cut in strips.It really solves all the problems of slipping and breaking and they seems to more more stable. Little heavy but I let the DW do the heavy lifting. Platic blocks I now use for sewer hose.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

mister_d
Explorer
Explorer
Thumperpull wrote:
If you feel or see that they are slipping on concrete, then your wheels are not chocked or secrurend properly. The first step in setup is to chock and secure the wheels before lowering the stabs.
JMHO

I agree!! No wood for me. More slippery than the blocks and heavier.

I think they are referring to them slipping as they back the TT onto them.
Our Adventures
Me '77 DW '78
DD '04 DS '07
Yellowstone + more Trip Report
2011 F150 4x4 Ecoboost 6.5 SCREW 3.73 Max Tow
2011 Lacrosse 296BHS video tour
Hensley Arrow

Thumperpull
Explorer
Explorer
If you feel or see that they are slipping on concrete, then your wheels are not chocked or secrurend properly. The first step in setup is to chock and secure the wheels before lowering the stabs.
JMHO

I agree!! No wood for me. More slippery than the blocks and heavier.
Mike and Catherine
2004 Thumper 261S
2002 GMC Yukon XL

Goomph
Explorer
Explorer
Talking about Lynx levelers, they have a promotion on their facebook page, it is sort of silly but fun at the same time. Guess the number of the marshmallows game ! :

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=498227110244904&set=a.401309689936647.93311.400547410012875&type=1&theater You get a set of chocks. You need to like their FB page to guess I believe.

star_2008
Explorer
Explorer
In thirty years I have learned to use both you can never rely on both if you do you get burned the (orange ) do work better the thicker they are the more durable they are.

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
David01 wrote:
I am curious as I have a new trailer set to arrive in a couple weeks. I have a seasonal lot(gravel) which is pretty level to begin with. I saw a video on you tube which suggests that any leveling should be done with the slide out open. That certainly peaked my curiosity and I would like to know what you experienced campers would say on that? I am also curious on what you all think about the slide out supports, are they necessary? It is one slide out only on one side of the trailer approx. 12' long? I look forward to your replies! Thanks!

Do not blindly accept every suggestion you see on you tube. Access to a video camera does not make anyone an expert.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

mister_d
Explorer
Explorer
David01 wrote:
I am curious as I have a new trailer set to arrive in a couple weeks. I have a seasonal lot(gravel) which is pretty level to begin with. I saw a video on you tube which suggests that any leveling should be done with the slide out open. That certainly peaked my curiosity and I would like to know what you experienced campers would say on that? I am also curious on what you all think about the slide out supports, are they necessary? It is one slide out only on one side of the trailer approx. 12' long? I look forward to your replies! Thanks!

There is a ZERO percent chance that I will ever move our trailer with the slide out. Slide out supports are also a huge NO. If your unit tries to settle during the stay and your support doesn't give, your slide is going to be damaged.
Our Adventures
Me '77 DW '78
DD '04 DS '07
Yellowstone + more Trip Report
2011 F150 4x4 Ecoboost 6.5 SCREW 3.73 Max Tow
2011 Lacrosse 296BHS video tour
Hensley Arrow

ArticFox_676
Explorer
Explorer
We level with the slide in. But allow for the slide going out. With shocks on the trailer we have found we need to be about an inch higher on the slide side to be level with it out. Hope this makes sense. If we are level when we back in we put one layer of lynx on the slide side and are level or a little high on with the slide out.

apr67
Explorer
Explorer
I use a combination.

The problem with Lynx is that they sink into the sand over time. So I use a strip of PT Plywood to put on the ground first. Then I use the Lynx if I need more lift. I also created a 2x6 box with lid to hold 10 lynx levelers. I turn box upside down, empty the levelers on the ground put the box under the stab and add lynx's to it, usually about 5 on each rear stab. The front stabs just get lynxs.
2017 Thor Hurricane 34J
Gone-2014 Chevy Express 3500
Gone-2016 Jayco White Hawk 32DSBH
Gone-2013 Keystone Bullet 294BHS
Gone-2007 National SurfSide 34DE
Gone-2006 ForestRiver Sunseeker 2900LTD
Gone-1994 Fleetwood PaceArrow
Gone-1978 Kit RoadRanger

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
David01 wrote:

Every RV that I have owned stated in the owners manual to level, stabilize and then extend slides. I would not put anything under the slides. Most of the RVs that I have owned the slides are cantilevered to maintain the seal when they are open. HTH
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins

David01
Explorer
Explorer

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
Surf Bums wrote:
As a new member to the TT life i was just contemplating wood or plastic. Wood would defiantly fit the budget and seems pretty reliable. What's my advantage to use the blocks instead?

They both will accomplish the same end result...level your RV. The wood is relatively inexpensive and heavy for a larger quantity. The Lynx levelers are lighter but do cost about $30/10. HTH
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins