cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Please help me figure out my Pop-up!

Dream_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
After a lot of hesitation... I have finally bought my first RV!
(used like new, 2008 Rockwood 1910 Pop-up)

My family are all against RV's when it comes to camping, and since I bought this RV from privet sale, no help from my local dealers either...
(The RV dealer literally told me that I am S.O.L)

I am no quitter, so...
After watching a lot of YouTube videos, and a lot of reading over the Web I now know how to open the Pop-up properly (no biggie) and how to use most of the things (I also downloaded the Pop-up owner manual)

But, there are a few thing that I can't find an answer for...

1. My Pop-up was winterize, and still have pink water in the fresh water tank (antifreeze I guess)
I can't find any info on how to properly an-winterize my Pop-up.
(this info is missing from the owner manual!)

2. I plugged the pop-up power cable in to a 110V (garage) for a few hours. everything was working (lights&fans), but when it is not plugged - nothing work?
I was hoping to have some light or a 12v fan using the battery when camping of grid...
Is that normal, or I am missing something?

3. What is the big black and clumsy hose for? is that the sewer pipe?
I do have a sink, but I don't think that my model have a gray water tank, and the black pipe is coming out from the side of the RV, not from the bottom...

4. The small propane tank has no gauge, How can I tell how much propane I have left without a gauge?
can I just buy a gauge and add it later? I will assume so, but I asked anyway.

Thanks.

A Girl vs RV world - I know I can do this!
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon +
2015 Jayco SLX 184BH + Andersen No Sway WDH
16 REPLIES 16

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
You are braver than me to buy something and know nothing about it.
Hope all the systems work and you didn't get a lemon.
Good Luck, Mike
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Winrerize and dewinterize is fairly simple task. Find the water tank drain qnd open it. Once it is empty close the valve. Add about 1/4cup of bleach qnd fill with water. Turn on the water pump and run a gallon or so thru the lines until the water comes out clearand you have a strong clorene smell. Turn pump off and forgetitfor about 30 minutes. Drain tank, refil with clean water. Repeat as necessary to get good smelling water.
Yes, you need a battery to power everything inside the trailer. A good deep cycle battery. Be sure it is a deep cycle and not a starting battery. There is a difference. You may need help hooking it up if there is not one there already.
Tent trailers do not generally have holding tanks. There should be a cap outside near the sink, unscrew that and connect a drain hose to it. Be awareyou will need a storage tank to hold the waste water to be disposed of properly later.
What the big black hose is? Go0d question. Maybe post a picture.
Gelerally speaking a single propane tank will probsbly last you all season. Cooking takes very littlegas. Furnace will take a lot. Even my 7 gllon tanks dont have gages.
Have fun,practice at home first and dont worry about the family. They will either get on board or sit on their butts at home missing the fun. Their choice