cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Please Learn how to post photos in this Forum

jmcgsd
Explorer
Explorer
I read this forum on an iPad Mini. It works well for the purpose except when a member posts a photo and does not edit it or use the parameters to resize it.

When that occurs the entire thread can become difficult to read and follow because the default text size on All posts becomes tiny. There have been numerous posts by our great moderator explaining how to fix the issue. If you are not familiar with the technique please read this before posting a picture:

Photo posting info

Thanks.
Joe
'09 Pacific Coachworks Tango 276RBS
95 Lance 880 Truck Camper

'91 F350 Dually 2WD CC 7.5L (76K Original miles!)
AirLift Bags, Reese Titan hitch, Rancho 9000X
19 REPLIES 19

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dalehacker wrote:
I'm assuming my pics were part of the burr in your ass, they have been deleted. Fact is after many hours of problems getting the pics even posted it was not evident on how to resize them. Great people with large amount of useful information and ideas but very difficult to navigate the picture process.
I was tempted to deleting your post a Flame or Troll, but did not because I understand the frustration in understanding what others are trying to say.

Your comment; "... burr in your ass ..." comment was out of frustration in not understanding the process. I encourage you not to use comments like "... burr in your ass ...", assuming you want help in solving a problem. With members assistance, you can and will find a solution.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
No burr, just trying to help.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Dalehacker
Explorer
Explorer
I'm assuming my pics were part of the burr in your ass, they have been deleted. Fact is after many hours of problems getting the pics even posted it was not evident on how to resize them. Great people with large amount of useful information and ideas but very difficult to navigate the picture process.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kayteg1 wrote:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/201045551/Forums/PhotoUpload/RV.NET-Photo-Upload.html
It does not show in forum links, so I had to bookmark it from one of similar topics.

CLICKY Or you can bookmark THIS forum link

And THIS is how that is done...............:B

Sure makes it easier to get to.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/201045551/Forums/PhotoUpload/RV.NET-Photo-Upload.html
It does not show in forum links, so I had to bookmark it from one of similar topics.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
I found Rv.net hosting a bit annoying. It will automatically downsize the pictures, so details are lost and I don't have a list of attachments.

Where's the photo hosting section of RV.Net?
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
I use photobucket and set the upload preferences to resize the photo to 800x600.

When posting photos here, or other forums, I copy the "IMG" URL from photobucket over to my message posting.

Works flawless for me, and has since 2008 when I starting using photobucket.
Bob

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are at least dozes free sites that will host pictures for you.
I found Rv.net hosting a bit annoying. It will automatically downsize the pictures, so details are lost and I don't have a list of attachments, meaning I can not find the picture in my files.
If I want to reuse the picture in another tread, I have to find my old topic and copy the address from there, or download the picture again.
This is huge forum, that makes good money from our presence here. I would expect more.

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
I even come here to use that app so I can post to other forums!

GerritMaxwell
Explorer
Explorer
How about Sticky thread about something useful... like... wait for it...how to post a pic... yep.. I said it... a useful sticky thread. I mean we got one on "Sticky:Best Place to Sell Truck Campers and Truck Camper Items", ooh ya... and the dreaded Northern lights one.
Or just ovehaul this wonderful plethera of information site.
1988 F350 Crew Cab DRW w/ 460 and a 6 speed Over/Under C6
Torklift SuperHitch, Torklift Supertruss Extension, Torflift Tiedowns, Timbren SES, Air Lift AirBags (For Custom Height/Load Adjustments), .....

2007 Lance 1131

bigfootford
Nomad II
Nomad II
profdant139 wrote:
I can't let this opportunity pass -- again, I have to thank 1492 for making that app available. It has made it so much easier to post photos! Well done.

You bet that is a great contribution to RV.net's forums!

Jim
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can't let this opportunity pass -- again, I have to thank 1492 for making that app available. It has made it so much easier to post photos! Well done.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

bigfootford
Nomad II
Nomad II
How hard is it to put 640 in the width part when inserting your link to you picture? That's all you have to do!

Or use this web site to post pictures, then you can upload them from your computer and not use a host for your pictures....

Just add this to you favorites bar.

Go read about it here:

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/15775751.cfm

Jim
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Folks, quit complaining and go over and read the quickies about how to post pictures, especially using the picture upload App. It works, does exactly what you are asking for, its free, its fast, and doesn't require much except a little common sense to use. And I'm not even a moderator!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.