cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

plumbing

Danford50
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 30 ft keystone passport i want to re-plumb my tt with pvc pipe i was wondering if anyone has done that before and if so how hard is it to do . Taking in consideration i am not a plumber.
10 REPLIES 10

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Old-Biscuit wrote:
PEX

Would be nice if we all had those nice brass elbows and T fittings instead of the flair-it and other cheap plastic stuff.

Still probably not worth replacing the fittings unless a problem develops.

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have Pex , going to PVC or cpvc is going backwards in time.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

SprinklerMan
Explorer
Explorer
You could consider CPVC , regular PVC isn't hot water rated .

rgolding
Explorer
Explorer
True, very wise.

Somebody paid a fortune to send their little boy or girl to engineering school to learn how to use the best material, for the best job, creating satisfaction for the consumer and a profit for the company and you want to re-invent the wheel.

I always say, "GO FOR IT"

but don't come complaining about your results.

Mistakes deserve sympathy, big mistakes deserve a camera and You tube.
Smooth Sailing,
Ric and Jan
Southern Illinois

2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS "Low Key"

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Danford50 wrote:
actually i through pvc would be better than the lines that came with my tt, so i guess i leave it the way it came from the factory. thanks for your advice .

Wise decision.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Danford50 wrote:
actually i through pvc would be better than the lines that came with my tt, so i guess i leave it the way it came from the factory. thanks for your advice .

2008 Passport?

If so it came with PEX
PEX is used not only in RVs but residential/commercial plumbing.

PEX (or crosslinked polyethylene) is part of a water supply piping system that has several advantages over metal pipe (copper, iron, lead) or rigid plastic pipe (PVC, CPVC, ABS) systems. It is flexible, resistant to scale and chlorine.
PEX is much more resistant to freeze-breakage than copper or rigid plastic pipe.

PEX
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Danford50
Explorer
Explorer

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
Here's another vote for keeping the PEX in there. It's nearly trouble free, stretches more than PVC (in case of light freeze) and increases RV allowable water pressure to 60 PSI rather than the older 40 PSI.
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

calamus
Explorer
Explorer
Its not the easiest thing to do but if the TT is open and everything is easy to get at it should work ok with some trial and error. While you are at it go ahead and replace the water lines with pex and put shut offs on every fixture you will be happy you did.
2015 3500HD Chevy Dually Duramax, 2008 Sundance 2014 22'SSX bennington pontoon

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I'm curious why you'd want to do that. PEX plumbing is much more flexible that PVC, and is the preferred material for RV plumbing.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)