Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

popup camper VS TT

mwang
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks

Have been camping in a class C motorhome in the past and it was a blast. Now that I have families, wanted to get back to the camping world. I was looking at A frame camper.
a forest river A122 SB costs about $15000 CND in my area (Listed price)
On the other hand, a jayco jay feather x213 cost around $24000 CND (Listed price)

I understand Pros and Cons of either, but it just seems that a TT is way more metal for money. Any reason for this?

They are both vacuum bounded, Please straighten me out.
16 REPLIES 16

AmericalVette
Explorer
Explorer
Yes there are pros & cons to anything, but this will all come down to you and what you want. Spend time in each and keep in mind how you like to camp and how many will be camping. Think about being on a camping trip and a heavy rain moves through the area and everyone has to move inside. Think about your tow vehicle and what it can handle. In other words, there are just so many different things to consider and it is only you and yours who can make this type of decision and what will make you happy.
Times fun when you're having flies!

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
You are correct that a TT is way more bang for the buck.

I think it's because the folding hardsides are a relatively low volume unit. They have a lot of "special" components that are probably higher cost per unit.

IMHO the main reason people get them is their low weight. I looked at them pretty hard, but was deterred by 1) no private toilet area 2) lack of a shower & water system in most models 3) the lack of available storage when folded up.

They might be OK for 1 person who would be happy to be alone using a porta-potty and washing in the sink, and there is probably enough folded storage for 1 person's food and belongings. But that's about it.

If I'm going to buy a camper I want a private toilet and shower, and the ability to keep it loaded and ready to go for a trip.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board