cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light Strip deal of the day

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon has light strips for your awning for $14.99 as deal of the day. Deal runs out in less than an hour.
Led awning lights
19 REPLIES 19

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:

Where's the "like" button?

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Thanks but, I'll just sit and enjoy the dark.. 🙂

Hahahahaaha, that's the spirit.
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Always has to turn to this doesn't it ?
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
mike-s wrote:
hohenwald48 wrote:
Why do folks put lots of flashing, color changing, keeps the beat of the music LED light strings on their trailer that they look like a reject from Vegas. Then turn them all on and go inside to watch Wheel Of Fortune with the outside speakers on full volume? 🙂
They're probably trying to drive off the curmudgeon who's camping next to them.

Or they're just inconsiderate. Maybe they're just city folks who are afraid of the dark.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
hohenwald48 wrote:
Why do folks put lots of flashing, color changing, keeps the beat of the music LED light strings on their trailer that they look like a reject from Vegas. Then turn them all on and go inside to watch Wheel Of Fortune with the outside speakers on full volume? 🙂
They're probably trying to drive off the curmudgeon who's camping next to them.

Vulcanmars
Explorer
Explorer
camperforlife wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
I'm guessing you would need to drill a hole thru the side of the trailer up next to the awning to run the power inside where you can connect to a 120V outlet? Then use the remote to power up?

I just ordered a set before posting. I have seen different threads on here where people have drilled a hole and connected the power inside. I have also seen where people bypassed the 120V transformer since it is a 12V set and connected them to an existing outdoor light so it could be switched inside.

I ordered one to install under the camper. I use a rope light under the camper for mood lighting. I plan to hook them up straight to 12v. It will be one less thing to store in the camper.
Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
hohenwald48 wrote:

Beats me, that's not at all why I ordered the lights. What made you think that?

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

the_happiestcam
Explorer
Explorer
For the same price you can get a solar string. I attach them to the awning and put the little panel in the corner of the awning. They come on when it's dark and last after everyone is asleep. Just enough light to see, not bright enough to be intrusive.
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

CG's we've been to

DE88ROX
Explorer
Explorer
camperforlife wrote:
Amazon has light strips for your awning for $14.99 as deal of the day. Deal runs out in less than an hour.
Led awning lights

That seems crazy cheap to me.

I installed LED's on the outside wall of my TT, up underneath the awning. I too, drilled a hole and ran the power cord inside. I was lucky enough to have a 110 plug just on the other side of the wall. Its where the cable/antenna outputs are as well as the 12v plug for the tv.

Its so nice not having to deal with awning lights. Roll out the awning and push a button. "Let there be light!"
[COLOR=]TV- 2010 GMC Sierra Z71 EXT. cab
TT- 2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge235fb

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
And that still makes it the same or more than eBay
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
SCVJeff wrote:
There are hundreds of these on eBay the same price or cheaper. Prices have tanked in the last year.

Ditto.

The "deal" wasn't much of a deal when you add in shipping.

Unless you're a Prime member then shipping's free.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
There are hundreds of these on eBay the same price or cheaper. Prices have tanked in the last year.

Ditto.

The "deal" wasn't much of a deal when you add in shipping.
Bob