cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

post pictures of your HTT

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
The folks in the Folding Trailer forum have started a fun topic, so I thought perhaps we could do the same. I'll start.

Our 2005 Starcraft Travelstar 21SSO, last year at the LaSalle-Peru KOA.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375
1,599 REPLIES 1,599

UPGRADER
Explorer
Explorer
Obviously, "popeye59" and I were "posting" at the same time. I, too, have a Roo 233S. We just got it Wednesday and were very surprised with the decor. We picked decor from pictures and the actual decor is very different from the pictures that were provided. We did accept it, because we are "camping" and the decor was secondary to the Roo, itself. Additionally, the Roo for 2012 has been redesigned with a U shaped dinette and comes with a Chinese brand tv included. Cabinets over the dinette have been replaced by railing similar to that over the front bed. Changes both good and bad, but the public should have been told before hand.

UPGRADER
Explorer
Explorer
As an English/creative writing teacher, you can call the trailers anything you want, but I'm getting tired of all the poor punctuation and misspelled words I keep on seeing. Any trailer that "opens" to be a bigger size than when it is towed, is an "expandable". It is getting/expanding to be bigger. An expandable trailer that has canvas as a roof over the bed area, that slides or tips/folds out is a "hybrid" meaning a combination of two or more attributes from multiple sources creating a "new concept". Sorry for the lesson, but with all the discussions of torques,ratios,weight distribution, etc on this site, I found something I DID understand and had to comment. There are times that 1 and 1 do not add up to 2 for me. I'm good at writing, but ain't too good with them there figures.

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Roo 233S. Yes mine is a hybrid. Just saying that a hybrid by definition is the incorporation of features from two different things resulting in something different that either of the original sources, yet having characteristics of both. Hence a Hi-Lo would qualify as a hybrid. So are you camping with your Roo, or RV'ing?
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

maxthedog180
Explorer
Explorer
This is what we own..it is a Rockwood Roo with solid sides and roof with canvas ends that fold out... This is what is typically called a hybrid here in Canada

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
popeye, i wasn't slamming you and if it sounded like it, i apologize.
i was simply trying point out what generally is accepted as a "hybrid", in the RV forum world.
Hi-Los and TrailManors have always been orphans. some say they are folding travel trailers, some say they are hard-sided popups and like the website you quoted, some say they are hybrids.
i've seen rear hard-sided bed slide TTs called hybrids too, even though they aren't any different than any TT with a bed slide, except it's on the rear instead of the side.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
Is going to a camp ground with a travel trailer camping? Some say yes, some say it's RV'ing. So why can't someone call a Hi-Lo a hybrid without being slammed for it? And personally I would not refer to a Motor home with a slide a hybrid, but would respect someone enough that if they called it that, I wouldn't judge them or criticize them for it. And for the record, a Hi-Lo is a combination of a Pop-up and a travel trailer, the top, cranks up just like many pop-ups.
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
I have to agree with Bikendan......an Hybrid is a combination of a popup and a travel trailer. If it has canvas and it's expandable............than it's an Hybrid.
If it just extend without canvas....than it's an expandable.

Are you gonna call a motorhome with a slide out an hybrid? I don't think so.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59 wrote:
Not just my opinion. Myrvnetwork.com also thinks so. Not saying anything except each person will have his/her own definition and should be allowed to.

myrvnetwork

that was written by someone who has no idea of the history/creation of hybrid travel trailers. if you go to their Hybrid section of their forum, there's never been a post or thread there.
shows how unused their forum is.
that info goes against what every other industry definition of hybrids is. that's why most here define a "hybrid" as a TT with canvas bunk ends.
i frequent 4 different Hybrid forums and all consider a HTT, as being a TT with canvas ends.

Hi-Lo and Trailmanor are so unique that they don't really fit into a particular category, except "expandable".
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
Not just my opinion. Myrvnetwork.com also thinks so. Not saying anything except each person will have his/her own definition and should be allowed to.

myrvnetwork
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Disagree, popeye. Hybrids involve tented bed ends. No Hi-Los have that. Hi-Lo: expandable, yes; hybrid, no.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
I would still consider it a Hybrid. A Hi-Lo is a Hybrid.
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
MosquitoFood wrote:
According to our RV retailer, our pop out hard sided bed makes this Jayco a HTT. Technically, I thought HTTโ€™s featured soft sided pop outs, but Iโ€™m new to all of this. Here is a link to photos of our travels this summer. Cheers all!

Link to photos.

your Jayco is an "expandable" but not a hybrid. a hybrid is a marriage of a conventional TT and a popup. have to have canvas ends, to be a hybrid.
all hybrids are "expandables" but not all "expandables" are hybrids.

your Jayco isn't any different than any other TT that has a hard-sided bed slide, except yours is on the rear of the trailer, instead of the side of the trailer, like most have.
using the manufacturers term of "expandable" would mean any RV with a slideout is an "expandable".:h

but you have a very nice trailer there and i hope you and your family create great memories in it.
by the way, the DW is from Skagit County and we own retirement property on Camano Island.

MosquitoFood
Explorer
Explorer
According to our RV retailer, our pop out hard sided bed makes this Jayco a HTT. Technically, I thought HTTโ€™s featured soft sided pop outs, but Iโ€™m new to all of this. Here is a link to photos of our travels this summer. Cheers all!

Link to photos.
Let the good times roll!

mediccam
Explorer
Explorer
ck25hulk wrote:
another thing, I learned now to not always trust the GPS. There are some roads you just can't (don't want to) go with a travel trailer. I'll need to confirm the route prior to departure next time.

Welcome to WV!!!! I live here and have the same problem. There are roads on my Garmin that don't exist or they look more like goat paths. We love going driving in the country and frequently laugh at some of the roads it considers passable.

We haven't been to Summersville yet but have lots of friends that go there.
Cam, Mary, Alison, and Danielle
2012 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2008 GMC Sierra 1500

ck25hulk
Explorer
Explorer
We went to Lake Summersville outside of Beckly, WV. Pretty good trip, rained off and on; another thing, I learned now to not always trust the GPS. There are some roads you just can't (don't want to) go with a travel trailer. I'll need to confirm the route prior to departure next time.

I did find the seal material from the dealer and also found it online. I have yet to replace it but plan to make the replacement this winter.

thanks,