cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

post pictures of your HTT

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
The folks in the Folding Trailer forum have started a fun topic, so I thought perhaps we could do the same. I'll start.

Our 2005 Starcraft Travelstar 21SSO, last year at the LaSalle-Peru KOA.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375
1,599 REPLIES 1,599

aqualight
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a new Rockwood Roo 19 this past weekend. Traded in a '99 Coleman Santee PUP.

2011 Rockwood Roo 19 Hybrid
2010 Ford F-150 Lariat

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
I feel the same way Dan.........This is the PICTURE section of the forum.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
gwizpro wrote:
Hi, In response to getting the larger capacity Equal I Zer for your HTT.

I called them direct and asked if I went a larger size would it change anything.

The straight answer was no. I also asked if I went 2 sizes up would it matter. He said yes, that being the PRICE... Why pay for more than you need he explained..

Basically going larger has no effect on the sway or level control, undersizing definitely does.

Come on I know someone has a different opinion...... Let's hear it...

Dont get me wrong, I don't believe everything I am told, but the above statements make sense.
JMHO Tom

isn't this section for pics and not for WDH discussions?:h
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

jocobe
Explorer
Explorer
gwizpro wrote:

I called them direct and asked if I went a larger size would it change anything.

The straight answer was no. I also asked if I went 2 sizes up would it matter. He said yes, that being the PRICE... Why pay for more than you need he explained..

Basically going larger has no effect on the sway or level control, undersizing definitely does.

Dont get me wrong, I don't believe everything I am told, but the above statements make sense.
JMHO Tom

Ditto.....I also called direct when I thought the dealer put a larger Equalizer then I needed. He said it made no difference what so ever, and would not have a stiffer ride as some on this board have suggested.

hookinreds
Explorer
Explorer
In the research I was doing on WDs I found the same to be true. If you go to big, all you are doing is throwing $$$ into the wind. You want to get as close to your weight as possible. Think of it like shoes...yea you can get shoes bigger than your feet, but it'll They will be sloppy and you gain nothing.
'08 Suveyor 210T; '11 5.7L Tundra Crewmax 4Runner TRD/SR5; Reese Strait Bar Trunnion Dual Cam and a Prodigy. Honda EU3000i and EU2000i

2010 Nights Camped = 24

gwizpro
Explorer
Explorer

JMHO Tom

Tim_W
Explorer
Explorer
American RV park in Albuquerque NM .... site 110

Tim

Just Remember: When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane :B

2014 StarCraft Autumn Ridge 278BH

2014 Ram BigHorn Hemi 5.7

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
And we used to have that model Travelstar (05 in our case) and enjoyed it. Good trailer! Enjoy!
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

TowLife
Explorer
Explorer
there should be a photo on my signature/profile. i tried to figure out how to upload to the posts but i lost my patience, hahaha!

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of great advices and tips in here. Congratulation on your new acquisition. We also have a Travelstar 21SSO and like you...........we love it.

Welcome and happy camping
Dre

P.S. Where are the pictures !!!!!!!!!!!!

TowLife
Explorer
Explorer
im a first time trailer owner and we just picked up a gently used 2004 starcraft travelstar 21sso, i must say im in love with the lay out, the fold outs provide you with a serious amount of living space:) just installed a tekonsha P3 brake controller in my truck, we cant wait to take her out!!!

hookinreds
Explorer
Explorer
My picture was there, but now it's just a X???
'08 Suveyor 210T; '11 5.7L Tundra Crewmax 4Runner TRD/SR5; Reese Strait Bar Trunnion Dual Cam and a Prodigy. Honda EU3000i and EU2000i

2010 Nights Camped = 24

hookinreds
Explorer
Explorer
This is our first, been tent camping my entire life. The wife and I have been talking about getting a TT for about 2 years and pulled the trigger about 3 weeks ago on this 2008 Surveyor SV210T. Here's picture #1, I'll be adding more after we take it on its inaugural trip this weekend. The boys have been camping in it all week in the driveway!

2010 Nights Camped = 24

Lanningjw
Explorer
Explorer
Thats what I was kinda thing about the 600/6000 Egualizer. But the tech said that they did not have any problems with going up 1 size to the 1000/10000. He said that you run into problems when you go up 2 sizes to the 1200/12000. We are like you and not planning on getting a bigger camper. What are you using for a TV?
2010 Roo 19
2011 Silverado 5.3 6 speed 3.08 axle ratio tow package HD cooling integrated brake controller

miatared
Explorer
Explorer
Lanningjw wrote:
I called Equalizer and they advised to go with the 1000/10000. Said there was only a 1/4 inch diff in the bar size. What do you think?

A good friend recommended the 600/6000 for the Shamrock 19. As the GVWR is under 4600# he suggested the towing experience would be better and more comfortable - not as bouncy and better suited for the size and weight - also we have absolutely no plan to go bigger at all.

For me that made sense.

Denis