cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Premium Diesel

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer
I stopped at a truck stop today. The diesel pumps in the car lanes had #2 diesel and for 6 cents more a gallon there was premium diesel. I have always used #2 diesel. What is premium diesel?
21 REPLIES 21

Nevada_Hudson
Explorer
Explorer
Saw that on a pump also. From what I could tell "Premium Diesel" is regular diesel, and their Diesel number 2, had in small letters "bio Diesel", which I wont use.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
What's the difference? I had no clue. I've never heard of it. So, as suggested above, 'Google it'! So I did:

Click here.

Considering a diesel engine is capable of running on vegetable oil, or old McDonald's French Fry grease, I'm not paying the extra for this. The price of diesel fuel is 50-75 cents higher than Regular gasoline. I think I'm already paying enough.

I pay extra for diesel additive even though I think that I am already paying more than enough for the #2 diesel. I do it for the other fuel system components. The engine's ability to run on **** fuel doesn't mean it isn't the weakest link in the system.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
What's the difference? I had no clue. I've never heard of it. So, as suggested above, 'Google it'! So I did:

Click here.

Considering a diesel engine is capable of running on vegetable oil, or old McDonald's French Fry grease, I'm not paying the extra for this. The price of diesel fuel is 50-75 cents higher than Regular gasoline. I think I'm already paying enough.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is premium diesel , well it is six cents more , thats what it is !

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
Around here there a local dealer that offers diesel with a cetane rating of 50 and calls it premium diesel. I don't know if it really matters or not. I never have any problem with "regular" diesel.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
google knows
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
"What is premium diesel?"

Don't know, never heard of it.

You can only buy #2 at any station I have been to in California and 3 other states.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"