cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram 2019 3500 diesel

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
I’m looking at this left over and asking people’s opinion . I’ve been a GM guy so not to fimiliar with ram
49 REPLIES 49

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
^^LOL!!!

Twisting words? :h

I know, with him it’s his way or the highway. :R

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
It's funny how 14 and Shiny can't stick to what I SAID when responding or stop twisting my words. Two Peas In A Pod I say.

What are you doing dragging me in, I respond very little to “YOUR “ nonsense .
How many times have I read , can’t be thin skinned. Man up , quit your whining :B

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for info will now look into 2020 chevy

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
^^LOL!!!

Twisting words? :h
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^ Easy there big guy......slowly put down and step away from the Internet.....before you grenade like a CP4!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's funny how 14 and Shiny can't stick to what I SAID when responding or stop twisting my words. Two Peas In A Pod I say.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
The one good thing about the 2011+ Powerstroke is that you don't need to swap over to a CP3 to keep metal particle from getting to your injectors. Since the Ford has two fuel filters, a primary and secondary(GM doesn't), then all you would need is a $300 S&S CP4.2 bypass kit. It blocks the fuel from going straight from the pump to the injectors without passing through a fuel filter or the internal filter on the CP4 first. It will make the pump as reliable as the CP3, but it will at least mitigate the damage when it grenades.

I have no doubts that you could do the same on the new Cummins since it also has both a primary and secondary filter.

True. I wonder if there are already provisions for that from the factory, or if anyone on any of the various message boards has even looked. Regardless, the aftermarket should have varying options for all levels of concern soon enough.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
The one good thing about the 2011+ Powerstroke is that you don't need to swap over to a CP3 to keep metal particle from getting to your injectors. Since the Ford has two fuel filters, a primary and secondary(GM doesn't), then all you would need is a $300 S&S CP4.2 bypass kit. It blocks the fuel from going straight from the pump to the injectors without passing through a fuel filter or the internal filter on the CP4 first. It will make the pump as reliable as the CP3, but it will at least mitigate the damage when it grenades.

I have no doubts that you could do the same on the new Cummins since it also has both a primary and secondary filter.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Flan wrote:
CP4 has been improved over the many years it has been out.

And is Bosch now paying Eldebrock to use patent for roller cam follows that do not turn sideways in the bore? Lack of good filtration ahead of the CP4.2 was one of Ford's issues with the pump along with warranty denials. At least GM just warrantied them until they could no long stand the failures and switched to the Demso pump.

It will be interesting to see how RAM does with the CP4.2 on the 2019+ models.

GM has not publicly said why they changed fuel pumps. It is purely speculation that they changed due to the failures, I wouldn't go touting that as gospel.

I CP3 swapped my 2015 LML, which at the time required a delete. Afterwards, S&S came out with a fuel pump that was modified and remapped and didn't require tuning, but it costs nearly $3K for the pump.

The Ram doesn't require a provision for an extra injector, so I expect that CP3 conversions will hit the market sooner than later (that require tuning), and then shortly after ones that are remapped.

Unlike Ford, which seems to have a cult following despite their historic 6.0/6.4 and 2011+ CP4 issues, it shouldn't be an issue at all to retrofit a CP3 to these. I don't think the used market for LMLs is hurting, either.

Do I condone having to spend money on a "perfectly good" new truck? Not really, but in reality, it probably isn't necessary anyway, and you should budget for modifying things you don't like when purchasing a new vehicle. Nothing is ever perfect.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Flan wrote:

And is Bosch now paying Eldebrock to use patent for roller cam follows that do not turn sideways in the bore? Lack of good filtration ahead of the CP4.2 was one of Ford's issues with the pump along with warranty denials. At least GM just warrantied them until they could no long stand the failures and switched to the Demso pump.

It will be interesting to see how RAM does with the CP4.2 on the 2019+ models.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Flan
Explorer
Explorer
Heartland Prowler 27LX
19 Ram CTD 2500

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Yep you know it all!

Wonder why you “USED TO” work at CUMMINS.

Nope, I don't know it all. I am just not going lie about something just because it is my favorite or I own it. I will give an honest answer good or bad. Truth is, the Allison shifts better, has a better shift strategy, and better TC lockup strategy than the Aisin and 68RFE. I am not the only person who has stated this and many review sites have said the same thing when driving them back to back.

I had to tune my 68RFE to get it to shift just as good. Sadly, you can't tune an Aisin although tuning it will not help its slow shifting as much. Heck, even Aisin admits that their shift strategy needed adjustment because that is one of the things they changed with the new 2019 Ram HD's. If it is so awesome, then why did they need to change it?

I "used to" work for Cummins because they don't pay well which is the norm for most manufacturers such as Cat, Navistar, and PACCAR. This is the reason why the company I currently work for is able to recruit people from these companies so easily and currently have so many employees that come from the manufacturing side. Heck, even many of our parts counterman make more than their regional salesman.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 2019 Ram 3500 long bed Crew Cab dually in July. 6.7 HO, Aisin, with 3.73 rears. Larimie trim paggage. Rear air bags. Traded in 2011 Ram dually...Still smiling
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ShinerBock wrote:
Even with TH mode they shift too soon as well. Anyone who believes that what they have is the best will overlook negatives and only focus on what they want to be true. They only focus on the negatives of what they don't like or don't have.

I guess the people from PUTC and a few other sites aren't lucky because they are saying the same thing I am.

Yep you know it all!

Wonder why you “USED TO” work at CUMMINS.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Bigfoot affair wrote:
dennych1 wrote:
I’m looking at this left over and asking people’s opinion . I’ve been a GM guy so not to fimiliar with ram

One huge reason not to buy the Ram, Bosch CP4 fuel system. GM dropped that system in 2017, Ford will have a new fuel system for 2020.

X2. If I were looking for a new truck right now, I would be looking very hard at GM. I love my Ram, but it has the CP3 pump which is much more reliable. The CP4 is like playing Russian roulette.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes