cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rear cargo rack

dougbo44
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell me where I can buy the folding rear cargo basket that also holds/stores spare tire? Have seen them on TT's but cannot find to buy. Thanks in advance for any help...Doug
7 REPLIES 7

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
The Wolf Pup factory rear rack clamps onto the frame in front of the “bumper”. Barely rests on the bumper, pinned in place on the rack support.
That Lippert rack linked is expensive for a rack and is made to bolt onto the bumper face, not good for a TT. Cheaper and better to have a 2x2” receiver welded onto the frame and use a hitch mount rack.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

brianosaur
Explorer
Explorer
I put these on my frame to support the bumper. I have had a spare tire and three bike rack both clamped onto the bumper for a while without an issue.

Mount-n-Lock SafetyStruts Heavy Duty RV Bumper Brackets

dougbo44
Explorer
Explorer
The carrier I have seen does not mount to bumper

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Few trailer bumpers can carry more than a spare tire and a dump hose.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Not sure what you plan on carrying other then what you listed. I would be concerned on how it is attached to trailer. Square tube bumpers cannot handle the weight.Cargo carrier

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Amazon, bike or mobility scooter carrier.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob