cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rear View Saftey The company NOT to deal with

Halibut214
Explorer
Explorer
Just got my rear view camera today from Rear View Saftey but after calling the company for the second time I'm sending it back. When I first considered this camera I tried to get some info on the camera I wanted and got some very poor customer service. The red flags went up but this camera got such rave reviews I went ahead. In going over the practically non existent installation instructions I again contacted the company. The person I contacted was rude and condescending. I've been a mechanic a good part of my life and all I needed to know was which way the mounting bracket went, and which way the camera went but this person acted as though there were detailed instructions and I was wasting his time. He then disappeared without so much as a, hold please. After 20 minutes I hung up. To give you an example the instructions say, "mount the bracket", just as it does the camera but does not tell you which way. There's two packages of machine screws but nowhere does it tell you where they go.
I don't give a **** how good these cameras may be I would never do business with this company.
11 REPLIES 11

OkSixpack
Explorer
Explorer
Don't worry about it, that is what the block button is for. And just to be clear I said he was NOT being a jerk.
Jim

Halibut214
Explorer
Explorer
OkSixpack wrote:
Halibut214 wrote:
hohenwald48 wrote:
Sorry you happened to get a rude person on the phone.

I haven't seen the actual installation instructions but from the link GMandJM posted it looks like a pretty simple install to me. Maybe yours has a different kind of mount.

You, "haven't" seen the actual instructions but you make a statement like this. You sort of sound like the customer service rep.

It is a simple install! All they had to do was tell me which way the mount went and which way the camera went. They called me bright and early this morning apologizing for the lack of service and that the instructions did not show exactly how it mounted. Then in about a minute and a half told me the answer to my questions.
I could have drilled holes caulked and mounted it. What the hell, if it didn't work that way I could have taken it off and mounted it the other way but I really didn't want to do that. Thank you for your insightful comments.

You really aren't going to help yourself by being rude to a senior member on here. He wasn't being a jerk, he just made a comment from what he saw on a video. JMHO.
Jim

YOU said jerk, I didn't. Someone watches a video for an entirely different camera from a different company and makes a statement like, "looks like a pretty easy install"!? Would seem to me a "Senior" member would want to have their facts together. I stand by what I said and I thank you for your thoughts.

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not in CS but I've worked the phones during a busy season. It ain't all peaches and cream from their side of the phones.

No excuse, no condoning the behavior.

If they record the calls, the CS manager will be having a talk with that person, and most likely they'll be fired.

Some folks are cut our for taking CS calls.
I've learned I'm not. 😉

OkSixpack
Explorer
Explorer
Halibut214 wrote:
hohenwald48 wrote:

I haven't seen the actual installation instructions but from the link GMandJM posted it looks like a pretty simple install to me. Maybe yours has a different kind of mount.

You, "haven't" seen the actual instructions but you make a statement like this. You sort of sound like the customer service rep.

It is a simple install! All they had to do was tell me which way the mount went and which way the camera went. They called me bright and early this morning apologizing for the lack of service and that the instructions did not show exactly how it mounted. Then in about a minute and a half told me the answer to my questions.
I could have drilled holes caulked and mounted it. What the hell, if it didn't work that way I could have taken it off and mounted it the other way but I really didn't want to do that. Thank you for your insightful comments.

You really aren't going to help yourself by being rude to a senior member on here. He wasn't being a jerk, he just made a comment from what he saw on a video. JMHO.
Jim

Halibut214
Explorer
Explorer
hohenwald48 wrote:

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Courtesy Clicky for PawPaw's link
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
Halibut214 wrote:
Just got my rear view camera today from Rear View Saftey but after calling the company for the second time I'm sending it back. When I first considered this camera I tried to get some info on the camera I wanted and got some very poor customer service. The red flags went up but this camera got such rave reviews I went ahead. In going over the practically non existent installation instructions I again contacted the company. The person I contacted was rude and condescending. I've been a mechanic a good part of my life and all I needed to know was which way the mounting bracket went, and which way the camera went but this person acted as though there were detailed instructions and I was wasting his time. He then disappeared without so much as a, hold please. After 20 minutes I hung up. To give you an example the instructions say, "mount the bracket", just as it does the camera but does not tell you which way. There's two packages of machine screws but nowhere does it tell you where they go.
I don't give a **** how good these cameras may be I would never do business with this company.

That's why I find on-line reviews worthless.
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

mhardin
Explorer
Explorer
I've purchased two systems from Rear View Safety, one wired and one wireless. Both systems seemed to be of good quality and were simple to install although the wired system took a lot more work as is to be expected.

I would buy from them again tomorrow if I find myself in need of a backup camera.

Mike
2013 Ford F-350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Box.
2001 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS.
2014 Heartland Elkridge 37 Ultimate.

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
I installed this system and I'm very happy with both the product and support. These folks don't mind talking to you about installation, or any other issues that may come up.

http://furrion.com/product/camera-system/wireless-observation-system/

Good luck!
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 GMC w/6.2L & max tow pkge.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Rude customer service sucks. Thanks for the heads up.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!