cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refrigerator Operation

sllims
Explorer
Explorer
O.K. another newbie question. I have dometic ref/freezer in my new TT. Can't seem to get it to work?? Does the gas & pilot need to be on and lit even when using elec? The longest I have been able to test with elec was 24hrs and no cooling at all. The gas bottles were off at the time. I got no instructions with the TT so just having to wing it. Any basic help would be appreciaated.
23 REPLIES 23

Damonstar
Explorer
Explorer
My experience with this is, the plastic sliders you see are the temp controls. Slide up for colder, down for warmer.

Marauderer
Explorer
Explorer
Yea Team!! Glad to hear it is really cold. Beer Slushy sounds great.
Barry:B
USN (Ret.)
20 GD Reflection 337RLS
07 GMC Sierra D/A CCSB, to many mods, Anderson Ultimate with B&W rollover ball gooseneck hitch, Torque Lift Stairs, 20 ft Flag Poll
15 Grand Cherokee Limited EcoDiesel
"Red" the little Bear Dog
12 Yanmar Sc2450

Nvr2loud
Explorer
Explorer
sllims wrote:
Thanks for all of your input........ Took rig to RV park and plugged in to 30amp service. Made sure TT was level and after 6 hrs freezer was turning my Beer into slush ๐Ÿ™‚
Not sure if issue was level or that I was only plugged into a regular outlet before. In any case worked well when properly hooked up.
On to next issues................

Very strange that you needed the 30 amp hook-up to run, mostly these fridges will run on a 15 amp extension cord through an adaptor and plugged into your 30 amp shore power cable.

When plugged-in to shore power at home... did your microwave work?

I'm wondering if you were not actually connected to shore power, since all the lights and fans inside your trailer at 12 volts, you may not have actually had 120 volts to the trailer (breaker off inside house, GFIC tripped, bad cord)

At home, plug into the 15 amp / 120 volt shore power. Check to make sure your microwave is working, or plug something into one of the 120 volt outlets. If you have power there, then there should be power to the fridge. It should NOT attempt to light on propane when set to AUTO if you have 120 volts of power properly connected.

sllims
Explorer
Explorer
P.S. Trip to Dealer is always my last resort !

sllims
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of your input........ Took rig to RV park and plugged in to 30amp service. Made sure TT was level and after 6 hrs freezer was turning my Beer into slush ๐Ÿ™‚
Not sure if issue was level or that I was only plugged into a regular outlet before. In any case worked well when properly hooked up.
On to next issues................

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Lot of speculation and the OP by his own admission is new to RV's. Best suggestion has yet to be made. If he has read the manual and can't get the fridge to operate, seems to me a trip to a dealer that services Dometic is in order, particularly since there may be some warranty remaining. Either way, not an amateur hour moment...........

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
Since you are getting lights on the control panel you have 12 VDC available. You need to determine if you are also getting 120 VAC. With your unit plugged into the power pole; open the access panel to the fridge on the outside and verify there is 120 VAC where the fridge is plugged in. If you do you have a bad control board or heater - time for someone who know what they are doing. If not look far a tripped breaker in the power panel.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
retiredcamper2011 wrote:
the power outlet in my bathroom that has a "trip" switch on it which activates instead of blowing a fuse. I can't think of the technical term for this switch.

GFCI outlet.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
DM 2652 operators manual
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

retiredcamper20
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 thoughts: 1) The "check" lite shouldn't come on unless it's looking for propane to run and isn't getting it. However, 2) I think at one time long ago my check lite was on while set to electric only and a friend referred me to the power outlet in my bathroom that has a "trip" switch on it which activates instead of blowing a fuse. I can't think of the technical term for this switch. Find it in your unit and see if the reset button has popped out. If so, push it back in and as long as it stays in, try your refrigerator again. This may very well be the reason your fridge won't run now. Go find that switch!

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
If it does not work on either gas or electric, checking if the heat sources work, the board may be bad......time for a Dinosour board.

Physical check of tubing may reveal a problem too, yellow dust type color.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the complete manual for your frig.....CLICK HERE
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
In 24 hours you definitely should see cooling.

Sometimes they're plugged into a 120v outlet in the back. Remove the cover and verify there's power there. Check your breakers.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

sllims
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I read about the level. It was on a slab and roughly level.