Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement part for hybrid TT

mbenage
Explorer
Explorer

Hi everyone,

I'm definitely new to the forum and I'm hoping someone can help me with my question.  I have a 2003 Jayco Kiwi 23b hybrid travel trailer.  This is sufficiently old enough that the fold out beds are supported by poles that are supported by the frame of the trailer instead of cables like newer hybrids.  Anyway, the end of one of the poles broke off and I'm having a heck of a time finding a replacement.  Anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement support pole for the bed?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

Is the broken part plastic or metal? If plastic maybe you could find someone to 3D print a replacement. If you don't know anyone ask your kids or grand kids and I'll bet they know someone with a 3D printer that could help.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

JDsdogs
Nomad II
Nomad II

Considering the age of your trailer, an OEM replacement part is probably not available. You (or someone else) will likely have to make a replacement part. I’m guessing that an RV repair tech would be able to make something that would work and might possibly be better than the original. 

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II

Find an aluminum tube of the same size and duplicate the originals with a vice. Get the tube with extra length so you can do a few test bends to begin with, they don’t have to be full-size, until your ready to go for it.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

Can you post a picture of a good pole end and the broken pole end so we can see what you are dealing with? You can use the camera icon on the top of the reply window. Or just paste the pictures right into your reply. If nothing else at the very least we might be able to suggest a way to repair or work around the break.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup