cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadside Assistance

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
Renewal time is near and curious as to who you use. Main concern is getting a recovery vehicle safe enough to handle Truck and TC together. I've seen some scary pics. in the past, any suggestions ? Thanks in advance K.
21 REPLIES 21

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Roadside Assistance in my opinion is the best choice over any other service of this type out there. I had AAA at one time but switched to Good Sam when I had to renew and have never regretted the move. Good Sam was definitely cheaper than AAA when I joined and they provide better service and towing distances. I've used them on several occasions and have not been disappointed once.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

Rickj91
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam, I have used them for various needs, the most extensive one, was with our Fifth Wheel, where they drove for 2 hours after having attached a fifth wheel to the boom on their tilt bed hauler, then winched the truck on to the tiltbed, hooked up the fith wheel, and two hours later, deposited the 5th wheel in a campground, and took the truck to a dealership. We were impressed.
2005 Chev 2500HD D/A,EC,SB,32 in. Hitch Ex. 2013 Wolf Creek 850 SB, 2007 Mirage 6X12 Cargo Trlr

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
Coach-Net .......... Ive used them several times over the years and they always came thru for me.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
I have Good Sam. I've never used them, but they are 'suppose' to have off-pavement recovery.
Cal

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think most of the time if you tell the roadside assistant what you have they can assure the correct type of service truck can be sent. A lot depends on where you are and what tow services are in the area.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam picked me up in Death Valley with camper on truck on a low bed semi and hauled us to Vegas where the front hub was replaced at a Ford Dealer.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

tonymull
Explorer
Explorer
I'm about to move to far more camping after retirement and I'm switching from AAA to Good Sam.