cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rockwood 2502KS Mini Lite

popere
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, my wife and I have narrowed our search for a new travel trailer down to one. The Rockwood 2502KS mini lite is what we like so far. Wanted to see if anyone has any feedback positive or negative regarding this unit or Rockwood in general.

The only thing that we didn't like was the fact that when the slide is "in" you can't access the bathroom. Other than that we really like this unit.

Thanks in Advance!

Randy
7 REPLIES 7

popere
Explorer
Explorer
Our dealer didn't have that model on display. I am going to start researching this one now.

Thanks goducks10

Randy

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Did you look at the 2503S? Bathroom issue solved. More kitchen counter space. Same length.

popere
Explorer
Explorer
I think my wife and I are going to forgo the not being able to access the bathroom with the slide in issue because we love this floor plan, and haven't found anything else in the 21 to 25 foot that we like better.

Thanks Again for all of your input.

Randy

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree with the advice you have gotten. One of the main reasons we chose the trailer we now have is that we can access the bathroom and the entire kitchen when the slide is in (i.e. during transit).
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

popere
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys!

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
popere wrote:
The only thing that we didn't like was the fact that when the slide is "in" you can't access the bathroom.

Some would argue that it's a simple matter to hit the slide switch and extend the slide ... sure, but try that when it's pouring cats 'n dogs outside and you want to retract that slide. Yeah, I know, the slide seals should keep everything dry without first wiping it all down with a rag ... yeah, right. :W For us, any trailer in which a slide restricts full access to the interior of the trailer any time we want is a total non-starter and alone would eliminate it from any consideration. I suppose if all you do is travel directly from home to your intended destination without stopping then this wouldn't be much of an issue but we do often stop - for lunch, for bathroom breaks, sometimes we'll even head to the beach after checking out of our campsite and later have supper in the camper or even shower before heading home - so full access anytime we want, anywhere we want, without having to fiddle with the slide is very important to us.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
Nice looking unit. We are looking into downsizing our TV to something like the one you are looking at also. There are a few TV that with the slide pulled in you can access the whole trailer. The problem we found is the floor plans didn't suit us at all. I suggest first look for a floor you like with the slide open and if (we had to do this) needed just open the slide a little to access the bathroom while on the road.
2014 Heartland Wildness 2775RB, 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Mega Cab