cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Covers

directjh
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering if any one could help me choose the best RV cover Adco, Element, or PermaPro? PermaPro has a lifetime warranty were as the others only have a three year warranty.
6 REPLIES 6

AlmostAnOldGuy
Explorer
Explorer
the bear II wrote:
We store our 5th wheel in a large RV storage lot. It fun to watch the new RV's come into the lot. The owner starts out using the cover and then within a few times of putting it on and taking it off they stop using it.

If you wash and wax your RV each year or have someone do it and then rinse it off before and after a trip, it will stay looking new for many years. Ours is 21 years old and when washed and wax it looks brand new. It's never been covered.

This brings up a good point. I use a cover and will continue to use one because my trailer sits without use for 7-8 months a years (not retired yet, sigh...). I put the cover on every fall and take if off in the spring. I would not use a cover if I were not storing it for long periods of time. The trailer was not covered the first couple of seasons and it weathered more when uncovered regardless of waxing annually. I am sure results vary between climates as well.

Good luck,
Stu
2012 F150 HD/Max Payload (8200 GVWR, 2176 payload) SuperCrew EcoBoost
2008 Komfort Trailblazer T254S

samhain7
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering a cover, but it is not for the washed and waxed sides, it is for roof protection....
Final notice from MasterCard. Good! I'm sick of hearing from them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, E2 WD w/sway
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS

AlmostAnOldGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I have used ADCO and depending on wind and weather it seems about 5 years is what I got out of the first one. Just make sure to cover sharp corners. My roof edge is at 90 degrees and it had shown wear on the EPDM right on the corner in a few spots. Therefore I also use the pipe insulation type tubes and slide them perpendicular to the edges every 5 feet or so to reduce wear on the roof edge.

Also, be sure to measure well before ordering. My last ADCO I purchased was sized to fit 6" larger than my trailer including ladder and bumper (not including hitch). If I were ordering again I would have gotten one size larger. Next time I would give an extra foot of clearance.

Good luck to you,
Stu
2012 F150 HD/Max Payload (8200 GVWR, 2176 payload) SuperCrew EcoBoost
2008 Komfort Trailblazer T254S

Community Alumni
Not applicable
According to Camping World the PermaPro has a lifetime warranty, but on Classic's website they say that it's only a 4 year warranty.

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have an ADCO, but if PermaPro has a lifetime warranty, I'd go with it. Just make sure you read the fine print.

I'll be happy to answer any other questions about covers you have.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
It must be Fall because the RV Cover questions are more frequent. For many previous posts search this Forum for `rv cover' and read on. Then search the results for the brand of cover you are considering. We use a Sunshield tarp black side up for winter; silver side up for summer.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)