cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sink / Bathroom-Kitchen Vent Covers

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, just returned from trip to The Smokies. A few branches are unavoidable with other traffic around, needless to say I lost one of my vent covers on our 13' NL 10-2 cdse. It looks pretty generic,(glancing at other Rv's). Only identifying marks say, mount 2-2-1/2 above roof. Looking at my second one it seems to be brittle also from the sun exposure. Only need cap for 2nd one but need mount & cap for broken one. Can't find them in my searches, who's had this problem before, or all you resto kings out there,I could use your help. Also what putty do you suggest. Thanks in Advance, K Mac.
6 REPLIES 6

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
We have used MaxAir vent covers on our last three RV's and we are putting them on our new NL 8-11.
There are different types for diffrent vents. ( for Fantasic fans , for bathroom. Fans) we love them.
We can travel down the Hwy with our worrying about them getting sucked off by a Semi passing by, or by a huge wind gust.
We also like them because like people have said the roof vent covers get brittle and fall apart. Theses will give you som perfection if that vent cover happens to break / crack in the winter.
MaxAir vent covers
Give these a try.
Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

Dewclaw
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replaced mine with a different type (plastic) that was locally available. Had to shorten the vent pipes a little but that has not caused any problems. I used the butyl tape putty.
2008 Northern Lite 9-6 Q Classic SE
2007 GMC 2500HD

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are a few different kinds of mounts. I'd look on Amazon and make sure you ordering the right one(s). I bought the wrong type before ... in case you are wondering. ๐Ÿ™‚

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Gaetan
Explorer
Explorer
The same just hapend to me my local RV parts dealer has them for about 8$ you can get them from camping world
Gaetan
Gaetan St-Hilaire
2004 silverado 4/4 2500HD long box Duramax/Allison
2003 everest 323k
2003 northernlite ten 2000 rd

WyoBull
Explorer
Explorer
You could also call your nearest NL dealer, in your case probably Truck Camper Warehouse and have them send you what you need.
2017 Ford F350 XLT Premium CCSB 4x4 6.2 gas 3.73 rear end, 4226 lbs payload
2017 Northern Lite QC 8.11 SE
Torklift tie downs, Torklift Fast Guns, Torklift Upper Stableloads, Airlift 5000 Ultimate air bags, Airlift WirelessAIR onboard compressor system

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Camco has them, so does Amazon and I have a spare that I can send you but it's galvanized. I replaced the ones on my Lance, they were plastic and brittle from the sun. Galv is forever.....

If you want it. shoot me a PM. You pay the postage, the vent cap is free.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB