cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide wont go in all the way

38_chevy_guy
Explorer
Explorer
My front slide wouldnt go out it just clicked. I used the hand crank to get it started it made a pop noise but then started cranking out then went with the switch. Tried closeing it up but stopped several inches from closing tight. I crawled under with a wrench and son cranked the handle we got it closed enough to put the brace in place to keep it closed. Any idea what might be csusing this problem? I did gind the bottom rubber seal jammed up modt likely the cause of it being dtuck to begin with. I removed it for now.
7 REPLIES 7

38_chevy_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Vet Man wrote:
Sometimes an assist from someone pushing on the outside will help until you can get it fixed.
Thanks i just tried it and it didn't budge i am going to put a come a long on each end of the main guide bar with the roller and holes in it to put some pressure on it and pray she goes in.

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes an assist from someone pushing on the outside will help until you can get it fixed.
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"

38_chevy_guy
Explorer
Explorer
38 chevy guy wrote:
ScottG wrote:
I think you may find you've lost a tooth or two off the small gear. Or, the shear bolt has broken but with is skipping and catching, it's more likely the small gear at one end. 😞
how hard is it to change the gear? Thanks for the reply.
Great thanks it has a floor pan covering it up i will check it out this week when we get home. Im praying it goes in tomorrow when we leave.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
38 chevy guy wrote:
ScottG wrote:
I think you may find you've lost a tooth or two off the small gear. Or, the shear bolt has broken but with is skipping and catching, it's more likely the small gear at one end. 😞

It's not hard really. A friend of mine had the same issue with his new Arctic Fox TT. They gave him the gear for free and he replaced it in about 30 minutes.
If you crawl back under there and find the long toothed "rack", the gear is about 2.5" in diameter and is located toward the inside end of the rack gear. It has a bearing on either side of it.

Scott

38_chevy_guy
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis WHAT MAKE OF RV??? will help us help you.
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ