cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slideout Not Opening

SETenn
Explorer
Explorer
I attempted to open my slideout just before taking my camper to Camping World to get the awning replaced about a month or so ago and all it would do is make a buzzing noise. When I took the trailer to the shop I had them to check the slide while they had it. Well, they called a few days later and said it was working fine, no need to replace anything. I checked it when I picked the trailer up and it was working. We returned from a camping trip today and the same thing happened. The buzzing is coming from a circuit board underneath the kitchen cabinet.

Has anyone else had this issue? I am trying to figure out if it is the switch for the slideout or if it is actually the circuit board.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Nmomoct28
Explorer
Explorer
We just opened ours at a rest stop. First time on the road with it and panicked when it wouldn't retract. We had to level the trailer before it would work.

PaYahoo101
Explorer
Explorer
Every once in a while mine won't extend. If I take the hand crank and just get it started, it will then work electrically.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Houston Remodeler wrote:
Turns out there was a loose connection. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

That's where I would check first. Get to the motor and check all the connections.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
Who made the slide out? The manufacturer should have tech support.

We had the same symptoms. Turns out there was a loose connection. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells

100ton
Explorer
Explorer
My GUESS is that the buzzing sound is due to a defective relay switch (solenoid). ????
'05 Ford F250 Crew Cab, PSD, 4X4, Short Bed, Camper & Tow Package, Limited Slip Differential
'05 CrossRoads, Cruiser 29RK
PullRite 16K SuperGlide