cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So called Destination trailers

Mary1
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone travel with these destination trailers rather than parking long term? Most have a patio door which I really like. They have other names depends which dealer you are looking at. We don't like staying at one spot this is my reason for asking. We own a Royals International now but will be selling it
24 REPLIES 24

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
You'll have a hard time fitting a beast like those into most Ontario parks. We struggle with ours and it's only 34'.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
toedtoes wrote:
I wonder how they got that trailer to look out right on the water like that considering the hitch is under those windows... bit of misleading advertisement?

I pull into a site at a campground we frequent and I park so If I had front windows I would have that same view. So it can be done if your careful!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Mary1
Explorer
Explorer
yes I looked at that one very nice, but have to rule out destination trailer. He has a lot of knowledge when it comes to equipment and such being a heavy equipment operator he said no storage and just not something you want to tow. So he's the boss, so now it will be a travel trailer or a new 5th wheel, ours has so many stairs to get in the rv and just want something new. Our Royal is one of the best ever built so its going to be hard to replace with the same quality. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
I wonder how they got that trailer to look out right on the water like that considering the hitch is under those windows... bit of misleading advertisement?
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
This would be my choice.
Large tanks, 12'10" H, 2500 lbs for CCC.
http://www.forestriverinc.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=192&Image=5032&ModelID=680#Main

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another thing to consider with destination or park trailer is they have a very low CCC. Iโ€™ve seen a few less than 500lbs.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
We own a Jayco Destination Trailer, a Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS. We don't currently tow it, but plan to in the near future. It's just a large travel trailer. Destination Trailers are taller than most TTs, but there are plenty of other RVs out there that are taller.

One of our main concerns when we bought it was outside storage. It's not really a problem when at our seasonal site since we have a shed on site, but might be when we start traveling with it. The Jayco Destination Trailers have storage under the bed and that's it. There is a small access door on the outside, but most of the storage is inaccessible from the outside.

Our bungalow doesn't have a typical square rear bumper, so think about where you will store the sewer hoses. You will most likely need to install something under the trailer to hold the sewer hoses. Our Bungalow has a bath and a half, as a result, there are 2 sets of waste holding tanks. We use a total of 35 feet of sewer hose.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

Mary1
Explorer
Explorer
Wow thank you for all the links. We have a F350 diesel need that to pull the Royal.I am trying to convince my hubby in a TT or the destination trailer

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Delete

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Due to increased size and weight, you might not want to move a destination trailer often but you can.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad