cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tires - Freedom Hauler

pbeverly
Nomad
Nomad
Looking to replace tires on TT. Local dealer said they cannot get Goodyear Endurance but provided me with a quote for Freedom Hauler tires. Company that makes them is Transamerica based in Memphis, TN.

Anyone have any info on these?

http://www.freedomhaulertires.com/
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf
10 REPLIES 10

Bsfoote
Explorer
Explorer

Did you buy the Freedom Haulers? If so how have they held up?

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lynnmor wrote:
I just looked under my rock and found Endurance tires in stock on Amazon, as well as numerous other suppliers. Try Google and see for yourself before commenting.

Ya know whatโ€™s funny, is when the consummate antagonist calls out the guy whoโ€™s trying really hard to take his spot.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
pbeverly wrote:
Looking to replace tires on TT. Local dealer said they cannot get Goodyear Endurance but provided me with a quote for Freedom Hauler tires. Company that makes them is Transamerica based in Memphis, TN.

Anyone have any info on these?

http://www.freedomhaulertires.com/

Did you checked Tire Rack? I don't know what size you need, but they do have some in stock at their Midway, GA warehouse. They'd ship free to Ridgeway, SC and you'd have them tomorrow. Check out this page: tirerack.com. They list 7 different size Endurance tires. Of the 7 sizes listed, 5 of them can be shipped to you free by tomorrow, the 18th. The other 2 sizes won't be available until March of 2022.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Off brand ST tires are best left to those folks that use lawn service trailers that spend most of their life around town.

For a highway trailer like a TT/5th wheel rv trailer that can see long all day runs I would stick with a know good ST tire like the Endurance....Carlisle HD...and the Provider ST tires.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
^
You must be hiding a lot of tires under your rock if Mr.Trailer can't seem to find any. :B

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I just looked under my rock and found Endurance tires in stock on Amazon, as well as numerous other suppliers. Try Google and see for yourself before commenting.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fresh tires inflated properly and in the right load range...buy โ€˜em.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lynnmor wrote:
I don't know if you used an RV dealer or a tire dealer, but I just bought Goodyear Endurance tires with no problem. I would rather have made in USA tires, I'm sure you are being offered tires from you know where.

You must be living under a rock..

There are many supply chain shortages.

Tire supplies are at a all time low due to shortages in the supply chain making it pretty darn difficult to impossible to source the size and brands of many tires.

See HERE about the ongoing raw latex supply shortage..

"Rubber supplies are drying up and price increases are reportedly beginning to climb at an untenable pace. Despite several years of relatively stable availability and low prices, supply chain disruptions created by lockdowns have left latex harvesters in a bad position. Low prices encouraged many to over harvest their existing crop, rather than invest in farmland. But with shortages looking probable as countries began responding to the pandemic, China went on a buying spree to maintain a robust national stockpile in 2020. The United States was late to the party and now finds itself in a position where scarcity is driving rubber prices through the roof just when it needs to buy more."

Myself, I have had issues getting pickup truck tires in ANY brand, my local tire shop tells me they are having a difficult time sourcing tires and they have drastically cut back their shop hrs.

These shortages have also driven the price of tires up, drastically, used to pay $200 per tire, those are now going for $260 per tire and going up every day.

I was very lucky that my tire shop had four tires in stock that would fit my truck and the only reason they had them was someone had ordered them an then never picked them up and the tire shop was sitting on them.. They told me that there was none of the size I needed in any suppliers within three states around us.

This is not the time to be picky, if they can get the size you need in a off brand and you need it and it is not a USA product, you will be forced to buy it or else walk.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if you used an RV dealer or a tire dealer, but I just bought Goodyear Endurance tires with no problem. I would rather have made in USA tires, I'm sure you are being offered tires from you know where.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Ha, I call our 86 GMC pickup the Freedom Wagon!

Those tires look meh....like any other standard, maypop trailer tire.
Guessing since the company has offices in several continents they are just normal Chinabombs.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold