cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something stinks...

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
Upon return from our recent 2 weeks in Maine, dumped/cleaned the tanks. Soon after noticed odor in bathroom. Cleaned entire bath. Odor got worse. Cleaned entire wet bath again. Odor got worse. Cleaned again. Odor got worse.(Definition of insanity???) Ok something is up here. Started sniffing around. Odor appears to be coming from top rear of toilet.
Hmmm….vent pipe? Nope, no blockage there…

Just got off the phone w/Dometic Sanitation.
While not a formal “recall” (safety issue) they are aware of a problem with 300 series toilets and are replacing them. (Waste gets trapped between inner/outer casing…and stinks!). These defective toilets were manufactured 2013 and shipped through 9/2013 to Mfrs. Shipping out new design replacement toilet today. Good for Dometic for standing up!
So, if something stinks in your camper, and your camper is of the 2013/2014 vintage…you may want to check your toilet model and serial # and give Dometic a call; 800-321-9886.

Bill
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson
3 REPLIES 3

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear SOME companies stand behind their products!...my 13 month thedford aquamagic V started stinking at the flush handle seal...seal can not be replaced and thetford doesnt want to hear about it!!
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze

100ton
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't apply to me, however, good information for those that have this model.
'05 Ford F250 Crew Cab, PSD, 4X4, Short Bed, Camper & Tow Package, Limited Slip Differential
'05 CrossRoads, Cruiser 29RK
PullRite 16K SuperGlide

ryanw821
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear they are owning up to the problem and replacing it for you, makes me glad I've got a Thetford in mine though, lol.

I do have a Dometic fridge so good to hear they support their products if they goof up!