cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Source for exterior siding

petenewell
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2001 Lance 1010 and need some of the corrugated aluminum siding for a repair.

Other than "call Lance" any ideas on where to source the material? My closest dealer is an hour away but that may be the spot.

Thanks!
2001 Lance 1010
Chevy 2500HD D/A CC/LB
Toyota Rock Crawler TLCA
KJ6CXI
8 REPLIES 8

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
More ammo.
I used these folks years ago when I had my mobilehome/rv repair business. They have been around a long time and may have more info for help in your area.
http://www.macsaluminum.com/
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

petenewell
Explorer
Explorer
Outstanding gentlemen, excellent results all around!

THANKS!
2001 Lance 1010
Chevy 2500HD D/A CC/LB
Toyota Rock Crawler TLCA
KJ6CXI

joerg68
Nomad III
Nomad III
You could try there:

http://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/products.php?product_id=2093

(link pirated from another forum where the same issue came up recently)
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago I used these people. I ordered 3 or 4 pieces on a Thursday and Monday morning there was a freight truck out front. I ordered from their Conyers, GA plant. The catalog showed different patterns and colors. I got a perfect match.

All-Rite California
1500 Shelton Drive
Hollister, CA 95023

www.all-rite.com/

It was expensive, I'm thinking about $600 range but I've slept since then. There was a crating fee in the $100 range, then the trucking fee. Mine was covered by insurance when some dummy crossed the center line and side swiped the back corner of the TT.

Hollister should be a bit closer than Conyers.
Good luck.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
A couple of possibilities in Sacramento:

RV Doctor George is Northern California headquarters for RV Parts and Service. We do insurance work...

Allied Trailer Supply - All we do is RV and Trailer parts ... and service! Any age. Any size. Any s...

I have had positive experiences with both companies.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
I built a Truck camper in 1969, 1970

It had aluminum roof and aluminum siding.

I went to several house trailer (Mobile Home) manufacturters... found one that would sell me aluminum off their coil... two of the pieces were 20' long.

... they rolled it with the grouves and the pittsburg felt (edge connections) I got two colors... white for the upper half, the nose of the cabover, and the rear,

and brown for the lower half to match my truck.

I made a large tube to haul it home.

I went to Fruhoff Trucking (where they repaired tractor trailors) they sold me a piece off heavy aluminum like used on the top of long trailers, 20' long and 8' wide. It was hauled home as a roll.

I also bought screws, roll caulk, etc from them.

I paid cash both places.
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

FreeLanceing
Explorer II
Explorer II
lance no longer carries the metal for my 04. there are some rv salvage people around that have the odd stuff. i cant recall the name but elkhart ind comes to mind.

SteveAE
Explorer
Explorer
Try asking at your closest RV repair facility (not necessarily a dealer). They might have small quantities in their "boneyard".

Good luck,
Steve