cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sprinter wide body

jimski3456
Explorer
Explorer
I am curious about the relativeley new keystone sprinter wide body tt & how they may have reduced the dry weight from 8520 lbs. on sprinter 299RET to 7935 lbs sprinter WB 299RET. The floorplans look identical & the WB is 4 in. wider in addition to 5 in. longer, yet is almost 600 lbs. lighter. Has anyone seen these TT or know how they may have saved almost 600 lbs. on a longer wider TT? I've checked the available options & std features & can't come up with any significant weight savings. I realize the rv industry trend has been "light weight" but sometimes lighter weight is also inferior construction & I'd hate to see sprinter go in that direction.
4 REPLIES 4

gonefishin_
Explorer
Explorer
We are currently looking at the 299RET also and the washer/dryer in the front doesn't pose a problem for us as we've never added a w/d. What really has our interest is the fresh water capacity. Do you know if it's just the 2015 models that have the wide body or did they start making them already on the 2014?

Twain
Explorer
Explorer
That far forward, I'm betting 75-80% of whatever is added will go to the tongue weight.
Early 1999 F-350 7.3 DRW CC, 4.10
2016 Open Range Light FL295FBH
3 Kids, 2 Dogs, 1 Wife.

jimski3456
Explorer
Explorer
And one of the floorplans (299ret)even has a washer-dryer prep in front closet space. I've never seen that in a TT. Wonder how much tongue wt. a washer-dryer would add?

Twain
Explorer
Explorer
I just stumbled upon the new Sprinter Wide Body yesterday and am impressed. This was one of Keystone's entry level brands and they have moved it up a category. The weight savings comes from moving away from a wood frame and hydraulic slides to an aluminum frame and a cable slide system. These new wide bodies are a new trailer, IMHO.

The down firing speakers in the awning and the 80-40-80gal tanks have my attention. This line is now an upgrade from my Passport.
Early 1999 F-350 7.3 DRW CC, 4.10
2016 Open Range Light FL295FBH
3 Kids, 2 Dogs, 1 Wife.