cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Lift on a 2006 Arctic Fox 1150

aksportsman
Explorer
Explorer
Hello looking for any pictures of a stable lift installed on a 1150. I was lucky to find a used dually setup and im wanting to get it on. According to Arctic fox center of gravity on a 2006 1150 wet bath with ac and generator is 59.5" The plate is 69" wide and so I cannot center the stable lift on the center of gravity. Any help would be appriciated.
Thanks,
Jeff
9 REPLIES 9

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
notsobigjoe wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
^What he said.
And I’ll add, from the pics and descriptions of the first 2 gents that posted, conquering a Stable Lift seems to be out of your wheelhouse. Stick with the jacks.

I agree with both of you. The stable lift was something I had to have. No one could talk me out of it. For the most part it was a disaster of monumental proportions. I chose not to add my opinion because the op wanted info on cog. I have got pics galore of the damage the stable lift and the installer "me" did to my truck camper.

Sorry, man. Didn’t mean to dredge up bad memories. Lol
Being a TC person, I haven’t ever seen the value in them.
No good on unlevel or soft ground, costly to perform the same function that the jacks do, limitations or pitfalls (like supporting the camper under a slide out) are a few of the reasons.
But the biggest is I don’t understand how much more stable it could be than the usual sitting on 4 retracted jacks.
Spent a lot of nights with 4 of us in the camper, off the truck. Sometimes with a couple of jacks fairly extended on uneven ground. It was always pretty dang stable if lowered down or with a couple light duty ratchet straps as stabilizers.
Not to mention it’s obtrusive visually and physically and another appurtenance to consider due to reduced ground clearance and additional width.
JMO
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

aksportsman
Explorer
Explorer
I just want to say I feel I can do the install, ive already gotten pretty far on it, and seems to be going well. Also, I very much agree on the slide TC side of the argument, however, if I leave my jacks on as I was going to do and just use the stable lift for MUCH added stability, where is the harm? The fact that Mont says hes done it to many arctic foxes and that the camper used for the installation photos in the Stable Lift manual is an 1150 make me think it can be done.

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
Grit dog wrote:
^What he said.
And I’ll add, from the pics and descriptions of the first 2 gents that posted, conquering a Stable Lift seems to be out of your wheelhouse. Stick with the jacks.

I agree with both of you. The stable lift was something I had to have. No one could talk me out of it. For the most part it was a disaster of monumental proportions. I chose not to add my opinion because the op wanted info on cog. I have got pics galore of the damage the stable lift and the installer "me" did to my truck camper.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^What he said.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Bedlam
I would weary of lifting any camper that has slides by the wings. The structure was not designed for it. They built up the corners for the weight, but not the side walls.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
Contact the company. They were helpful for us.

My daughter's Lance 815S has the 3 jack system and needed to have the saddle brackets bought and installed under her truck. It wasn't fun bringing the camper home, a 200 mile trip thru bad weather, including strong winds, hail and a tornado sighting, with just ratchets straps holding it onto the truck. Luckily, we could run back roads all the way and avoid the interstate completely.

Installing the saddle brackets was pretty easy. Finding a carbide drill bit locally was the hard part. We rarely take the camper off the truck. We usually level it while it sits in the truck. We love the Stable Lift system. I have all the paperwork from the owner who installed it on the camper.

Just an FIY on dates:
1994 Lance Squire Lite 185S (no slide outs)
Stable Lift 3 jack version. All paperwork on the installation is dated 4/21/2013

That means as of this spring/early summer, the Stable Lift will have been on the camper for 10 years.

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
6 inches each side.

aksportsman
Explorer
Explorer
How much lip is outside the camper on your install?

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
Here is the stable lift on my lance 1181. Pretty much the same size and weight as yours.
This pic with the install complete and completely off center. The front jacks would just sort of lean back as I was lifting the rear. Hard to explain. This was where someone at stable lift told me to install it.

After talking to Mont peters I completely removed it, drilled new holes and re installed all the way to the rear.

I believe my SOG is 59 inches not 100% sure of that it's been a while.
I will be glad to answer Any other questions.