cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Super excited!

Rexsname
Explorer
Explorer
We just got word from the financing company that we are approved! 3 weeks and 2 days 'till delivery day on our Spanking new Eagle Cap 1165!!
YAY!!
21 REPLIES 21

bigfootford
Nomad II
Nomad II
This is as easy as it gets to post a picture...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/201045551/Forums/PhotoUpload/RV.NET-Photo-Upload.html

You will need to copy the above url and open another tab and paste it into the address bar.
That will take you to the Picture posting site. From there it is simple.
Add the Picture posting site to your favorites so it will be avail for you to post pictures.

Just follow the instructions after you have selected the picture you want to post..

This quick tutorial might help:

How to copy a URL and paste it in the address bar.
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

av8rds
Explorer
Explorer
Rexsname wrote:

I know it IS heavier but it doesn't feel like it drives any different to me.

REX

I agree. My 1160 is bigger and heavier than the Lance 992 it replaced but it rides a ton better.
'06 X-cab Powerstroke Dually 4x4
'75 Ford Bronco Rockcrawler
'08 Land Cruiser Buggy

Rexsname
Explorer
Explorer
I've kept track of all the nights we've spent in out truck camper since we bought it. We picked it up on Aug 13 2015 and traded it in yesterday. 165 nights in a camper! We picked up our brand new 2017 Eagle Cap 1165 yesterday. Tonight will be our first night sleeping in it.
First impressions.......what looks like a ton of space at the dealer really fills up fast when you start transferring all the stuff from one camper to the next.
I know it IS heavier but it doesn't feel like it drives any different to me.
The Torklift hitch is an impressive BEAST! I'm not looking forward to taking it off or re-installing it anytime soon.
The Onan/Cummins 2500 generator is not any quieter than the Onan2500 in the Arctic Fox.
And last but not least.......I still haven't figured out how to do the picture thing.:h
REX

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are a lot of ways to post pictures, but take a look at the first post in this thread. ๐Ÿ™‚ http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/14122053.cfm

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Rexsname
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, the picture thing........I will do my best. I know that I know how to take pictures. And I know that I like to look at pictures... but. I don't know that I know how to POST pictures. I will try.

REX

MudChucker
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, I'd love to see some photos as well, I've always noticed that when the dealers and manufacturers place photos on line that they skew the frame of reference. Be cool to have photos of the unit with for example, people and objects in the few to help appreciate the space.

Cheers.
2017 Cougar
2015 Ram 3500 Megacab 6.7 Cummins Aisin transmission

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Still, we need a picture. ๐Ÿ™‚

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Rexsname
Explorer
Explorer
Picking it up on Monday! Oh man.....I just cant wait!!

REX

Rexsname
Explorer
Explorer
We are in our camper so many nights a year that comfort is kind of a big deal. Our first fair is in February and we finis up in November. Not every weekend of course... but that is a lot of time to sit bolt upright.
REX

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
Rexsname wrote:
Three more weeks.......two more fairs in our Artic Fox 990. It will be so nice to have a place to sit that ISN'T a dinette cushion.
REX

That is literally, exactly why I bought mine. I call it the most expensive sofa I've every bought.
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

Rexsname
Explorer
Explorer
Three more weeks.......two more fairs in our Artic Fox 990. It will be so nice to have a place to sit that ISN'T a dinette cushion.
REX

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the EC club! I love mine. I had two Arctic Fox's before this. Not to knock them, they're good products, but they're a pain in the arse to work on compared to my Eagle cap. Everything is accessible from the basement--wiring, plumbing, tanks, etc. I've done a ton of mods to mine.

The factory is just a couple hours from me in Yakima, Washington. I have yet to actually go there, but every time I call, I get great help. They take their time to explain what ever your question is, and they have a very knowledgeable staff.

Worth noting, though...they're heavy. My previous TC was an 2013 Arctic Fox 1150, their biggest one at the time. I carried it on my F350 dually no problem. Got the EC 1160, and omg... right from the git-go it was heavier. Truck sagged, tires were at their capacity limit, had to do some suspension upgrades and sway bar upgrades. Finally, I went from my trusty 2001 F350DRW to a 2015 F-450....and still had to beef up the suspension!
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! You are going to love it. We looked at the EC 1165 as well as Host Mamoth. If I ever give up my AF 1150 for another TC, it will be an 1165. I especially liked the recliners in the the rear slide. Have fun!
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.

Rexsname
Explorer
Explorer
We tow our Facepainting trailer to fairs, festivals and special events throughout the west. It is a 10' by 7' trailer because the fairs sell space in 10'x10' spots. We already have the truck...we are selling our Arctic Fox 990. A class C would make it very hard to back our little trailer accurately.
REX