cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Swapping mirrors

missouri_dave
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at a used ram 2500. It has the sport mirrors. How hard is it gonna be to swap these out for the towing mirrors and how much am I looking at to do it?
4 REPLIES 4

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not hard at all. OE replacement are not powered. Aftermarket Chinese JUNK are. So pick your poison. Used to be able to mod the OE's with a 3rd gen mirror portion like I did on my 98.

Another option is the slip on's

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s a pretty easy job to swap out. I did both sides in less than 30 minutes. Just watch one of the many YouTube videos first. As for the mirrors themselves they are usually plug and play but only the features that came with your truck will function. Some older years you could have the dealer unlock all options but newer models werenโ€™t always compatible as there were no programs available.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I helped a friend change his mirrors on a Ram 1500 to towing mirrors. He got them on eBay for about $160 with free shipping for the pair. It took us about one hour including getting the tools out and putting them away.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Check etrailer.com. They probably have a vidio showing how it's done.