cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tail gates

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Would some of you guys please buy those GMC tail gates! The na na - na na is driving me nuts! This is coming from a GMC guy.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS
29 REPLIES 29

ktosv
Explorer
Explorer
It would appear that maybe their marketing is working. You are all discussing their product and can remember every commercial. I canโ€™t tell you what the last Ford commercial I saw was about!

I can tell you about the stupid Enbridge commercial I keep hearing on the radio!
Kevin and my...
Wife and six kids
2017 Suburban (5.3L/6A/3.08)
6x12 Enclosed Utility

Sold...2011 Express 3500 (6.0L/6A/3.42)
Sold...2010 Passport Ultra Lite 2910

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I'm singing that na na song now....Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na...Hey Heyyyyy its lots more dough. Everybody now!
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
All you Ford/Ram fanboys can say what you want but that GMC tailgate is ingenious.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Howie and the Man Step...

Link

Interesting thing is the new GMC multi stage tail gate has a very similar grab pole with a tail gate step
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Check out this guys Chevy commercial parody's!

If โ€œreal peopleโ€ Chevy commercial parody.

Man, I just spent a half hour watching those. Funny!:B

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check out this guys Chevy commercial parody's!

If โ€œreal peopleโ€ Chevy commercial parody.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
The worst GM commercial: Where they dump a load of "whatever" in the bed and brag about the largest volume. I'd like to know what it is they dump in the bed. It sure isn't gravel.

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
Wait till someone drops the step with a hitch receiver in!!!
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

Bedlam
Are you telling me you also haul things while towing? It doesn't look like that was in the design specifications...

My current truck didn't come with a tailgate and my last truck had the tailgate removed about a month after I bought it and installed about a month before I sold it.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
Remember when the GM commercials used to give Ford cr@p about their "man step" when Ford first came out with the pull out step? Funny part about the GM gate is you'll need to pull your hitch before you can use the step function or else you'll ding that shiny new tailgate.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

Bedlam
Our Torino wagon had a dual swing tailgate like that and worked well. I have mixed feeling on the under bed trunk - It's great storage but a pain when you have the bed loaded up with items and you need to access it. BTW: My Torino and Jetta both had storage like that but the Torino carried the spare tire in the rear quarter panel, so the trunk was huge. They also had a rearward facing seat option for that space in many wagons.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
The swivel tailgate on the Honda looks very useful.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the GMC ad is getting old. I will take my recently purchased 2008 Honda Ridgeline swivel tailgate, bed trunk and price over the new GMC.

Stock image:

See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
FlatBroke wrote:
Would some of you guys please buy those GMC tail gates! The na na - na na is driving me nuts! This is coming from a GMC guy.

I must agree that for the last 10 years GM has had some really irritating truck commercials but the tailgate commercials aren't nearly as bad the "You don't need a tailgate step" and the "Real People, not Actors" commercials.