cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TC and Tonneau Cover?

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Hubby and I were cruising along the highway last night going from Lowes to Home Depot (I just LOVE Friday night date night! :B) and we passed a nice TC set up that got us thinking again. A question came up-will we be able to use a Tonneau cover if we have the TC? We use our current F150 (yes, we'd get a REAL truck for the TC) for a lot of hauling, etc., and right now have a cap. I know we'd have to give up the cap idea but is it possible to use a Tonneau cover when you are using the TC? Thanks.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]
16 REPLIES 16

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
For what it's worth, my Xtang solidfold tonneau cover can be completely removed by one person in less than 10 minutes. Lots of models are very easy to install and remove and SOME of them open up the bed completely so they may not even NEED removing. Check out the Back Flip as one that may fit that bill.
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
....I thought the same thing. We have decided to store our camper at home for the 1st time since buying our camper (2005). We now hove our pick-up unloaded and tonneau connected. Our tonneau cover (for our 8-foot bed, 2500HD Silverado extended cab) rolls up tight and has velcro straps that will allow OUR camper to be loaded with tonneau rolled *tight forward* WITH tonneau rails C-clamped to truck bed rails. All the tonneau cross members and rear span member will store inside the camper, until needed (until needed: IF we decide to unload camper on a trip, we can easily deploy attached tonneau without the need to do a complete tonneau install). However, using both camper and tonneau simultaneously would be, of course, untenable :B

The only caveat: when the tailgate is removed, we would have to un-snap (detach) the rear tonneau cross-member spanning the tailgate.

HOWEVER:

*this works with our particular camper with front bulkhead clearance and camper rail overhang-to-bed-rail clearance, with our particular tonneau cover, on our particular truck ! Your truck/camper/tonneau size brand may differ SIGNIFICANTLY.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou