cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TCs With Honda 2000s

Mike3
Explorer
Explorer
Where do you carry your Honda and the gas can for re-fueling?
2017 Entegra Anthem
2013 Honda CRV Toad
2013 Road Glide Ultra with a HydraLift
27 REPLIES 27

TCBob
Explorer
Explorer
Carry my 2000 on floor backseat of cab. Small 1 gallon gas can bungee to back bumper.....rarly use that much.
2004 S&S 8.5 SC Ponderosa
1999 Ford F-350 4X4 7.3-PSD DRW

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
SugarHillCTD wrote:
Behind my seat (crew cab)

Ditto

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
cleary wrote:
The mount and cover is an Action Packer.

Chuck

I love it when people come up with simple, creative solutions like this.
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.

Sentinelist
Explorer
Explorer
Your ingenuity makes up for my initial disappointment in your title! ๐Ÿ˜‰

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dc/HondaS2000-004.jpg/1280px-HondaS2000-004.j...
'The TerraShuttle'
1993 Chevrolet Silverado K3500 6.5L mechanically-injected turbo-diesel 4x4 quad-cab SRW long-bed, Olympic White, 278k miles, 2001 Lance 815 self-contained TC rig

My build thread

twodownzero
Explorer
Explorer
bcbigfoot wrote:

LOVE it.

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
bcbigfoot,
How long did you think about that set-up before you made alterations/fabricated that box?
It's inspiring.
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

bcbigfoot
Explorer
Explorer
2002 Dodge 3500 2wd dually, cummins, 4.10 gears, 10500gvwr, Rancho 9000's shocks
2005 Bigfoot 259.6E, 80watt solar, eu2000 Honda gen., 2x group 31 AGM bats., 7100 btu aircond, electric rear step.

Bedlam
OP: Since you also have a FW, why limit yourself to a 2KW generator? I would be looking at the 3KW-4KW units that could be used for both your setups. Did you order your TC with the low power air conditioner that can be run off these Hondas or will yours have the larger unit? Mounting a larger generator on a front carrier would allow you to use it with either setup and leave the rear clear.

Prior to our TC, we had a TH with a 5.5KW Onan Marquis. We could run the air conditioner, toaster oven and microwave at the same time and still have reserve. I even ran a welder and air compressor off this unit when needed. My point is that if you need to buy a generator, you might as well get one that will be of sufficient capacity to meet your needs instead of having to turn off this to run that.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

cleary
Explorer
Explorer
The mount and cover is an Action Packer.

Chuck

2006 F-350, 4X4, Crew Cab, V-10, Torqshift, Dually. 2008 Okanagan 106UDB. Both 4-wheelers and snowmobiles. KL7AY Our website

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
okan-star wrote:
... I`m kind of waiting for Honda to come out with something like this that has a remote start
That generator shows promise. The elec start would offer more options for mounting. Certainly more convenient.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

MTBob
Explorer
Explorer
(Northern Lite 10-2000)
I carry my generator on a frame that is supported from the hitch extension. The lockable surrounding frame swings out of the way for removal.

There are lots of ways to carry a generator, but I've chosen to not mount it on the stairs. I've seen examples of fiberglass campers (Big Foot & Northern Lite) that mount items on the stairs and the fiberglass tends to eventually fail at the points of contact. Note that I've also mounted my steps on the hitch extension for the same reason.
MTBob
Bob
2002 10-2000RR Northern Lite
2008 Chevy 3500 DMAX, SRW,
2001 Lund 1700 Fisherman

Geewizard
Explorer
Explorer
I carry my generator and gas cans (two) in the generator compartment.

The gas cans I use are 5L/1.3 gallon NATO style cans.

I also carry two 20L/5 gal NATO style cans on the back of the TC similar to what DonCurley did as shown here.
2021 Winnebago Micro Minnie 1708FB
2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
300W solar, MPPT controller, LED lights
Xantrex Freedom X Inverter 3000W
2 Fullriver 105AH AGM batteries
Air Lift WirelessAIR and air bags
Hankook Dynapro ATM 10-ply tires

okan-star
Explorer
Explorer
Reddog1 wrote:
okan-star - I gotta say, I really like your flatbed. In my opinion, it is far more practical than the typical box bed. My previous three trucks were flat beds, both SRW and DRW trucks. I currently have the box.

If I had a flatbed, I would mount my Honda on the flatbed outside the door that access the bed. That would allow me to start the Honda while I was in the TC. I would mount my fuel in the same area.

Thanks Wayne, its been a job to change the truck , but its like a hobby, I enjoy working on it and figuring it out
I`m kind of waiting for Honda to come out with something like this that has a remote start

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
okan-star - I gotta say, I really like your flatbed. In my opinion, it is far more practical than the typical box bed. My previous three trucks were flat beds, both SRW and DRW trucks. I currently have the box.

If I had a flatbed, I would mount my Honda on the flatbed outside the door that access the bed. That would allow me to start the Honda while I was in the TC. I would mount my fuel in the same area.

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke