cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TFLEV gets disinformation from Cyber Truck fan bois.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Click me and enjoy.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln
37 REPLIES 37

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
A brand new owner of $115,000 EV Hummer suddenly stuck in high speed traffic when the Hummer just shut down and nothing would work period. A highway cop came to rescue to direct traffic around the EV. Interesting how they finally managed to get it to go. The battery in the Hummer weighs almost 3000lbs and all EVs are much heavier than their gas counterparts. This info from recent business news.

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
PButler96 wrote:
8.1 Van wrote:
The Hummer EV is great if you want a 9,200 lb EV to go a few miles to pick up some smokes at 7-11.:B

Says the guy who drives a Van that could hold an entire 2nd grade class and gets about 7mpg highway on a good day with a 30 mph tailwind lol.

It gets 13-15mpg on the highway depending on speed and sits in the driveway 99.9% of the time.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Munro live Rivian off roading

https://youtu.be/hkZGvWkvNlA

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
PButler96 wrote:
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Groover my post post about the old reviews were about the older Hummers bubba Joe. I guess you missed that and I do still see them on rare occasion in Reno. Actually I think you are irrelevant So go get

Go get what? Ice cream? Tacos? Herpes?

I could go for the first two.

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
8.1 Van wrote:
The Hummer EV is great if you want a 9,200 lb EV to go a few miles to pick up some smokes at 7-11.:B

Says the guy who drives a Van that could hold an entire 2nd grade class and gets about 7mpg highway on a good day with a 30 mph tailwind lol.
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Groover my post post about the old reviews were about the older Hummers bubba Joe. I guess you missed that and I do still see them on rare occasion in Reno. Actually I think you are irrelevant So go get

Go get what? Ice cream? Tacos? Herpes?
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

blt2ski
Groover,
The tow rating is a bit higher than I would give it. BUT, if suspension, drive train etc is there to handle it.....I was thinking about 8000-8500 max hw plus axle wt. 6000-7000 comfortable depending upon aerdy amics, length width etc dependent also.
Your description makes it sound a bit more beefed up etc than I was thinking or seeing.
Saw a MB G-Wagon today. The two looked similar in my mind, one an SUV, other a pickup. Rivian a bit longer, shorter in OA height.

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
I saw a EV Hummer parked on the plaza the other day in Healdsburg. This is the heart of CA Wine Country and EVโ€™s are embraced. It was BIG, like Super Duty with a 2โ€lift size. Reminded me of my sons Ram TRX. I didnโ€™t get the chance to do an up close. It had paper dealer plates on it from Beaverton Oregon, I hope they drove it down.
Living here I get to see almost all the EVโ€™s on the road, itโ€™s fun.

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Cyber Truck Another niche market toy item for wealthy. Rivian is in financial trouble and the Hummers are not that common in Reno. Not practical for towing. According to reviews civilian Hummers perform poorly in actual off road and heavy-duty ops. I read these reviews many years ago, but they are still out there on Google search. Lost interest in video after a minute of smack talk. Cheers to those with com

FYI, "civilian Hummers" and the new Hummers have nothing in common other than the name. The new Hummers have only been in production for a few months so the reviews that you read years ago are irrelevant.

For the current one check here:
EV Hummer

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
blt2ski wrote:
I've seen a few of the rivians too. Not sure I'm calling them as ugly as grit. There more of a mid sized pickup SUV sized rig. Not sure a 4' bed is worth having. I'd want a 6' minimum.
Not sure if I'm seeing the same one(s) per say, have seen enough to say there are many here in greater Seattle area. Multiple colors. Just like Tesla, some colorsi like, some are just plain fugly....
I could be seen in one of these, that Tesla pickup.....no thanks.

Marty

I agree with the 6' bed but apparently most buyers don't. F150's with the 6.5ft bed are rare. I have had dealers tell me that they can't sell them so they only order the 5.5ft bed for inventory. Colors are purely a personal choice.

I know a guy that has a Rivian he likes it for the most part. It has a lot of storage in non-traditional places like under the hood and under the bed. A very high tech suspension with adjustable shocks and air bags. A great ride on all roads plus very good off-road capability. And it is rated to tow 10,000lbs, which is more than most tow with a half ton truck.

He was working for Rivian and got a great employee discount package. I don't know if he would pay retail for it.

His biggest issue seems to be the poor charging network. On long trips he mostly drives his Tesla since their charging network is much better.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Love those tear drops. Maybe one for me at Christmas. That must be one powerful little EV.

Yah itโ€™s pretty good. We got it with the trailer towing package and the AB performance boost. So about 450 horsepower and about the same torque. Fun fact. The car does zero to 60 mph in about 4 seconds without the trailer, it does zero to 60 mph in about 8 seconds with the trailer. Itโ€™s crazy fast. And the regenerative braking just makes it a really nice towing experience. We are now over 14000 kilometres of touring across Canada this summer and still have about 1200 kilometres to go. Presently touring on Vancouver island before heading back home to the BC interiour.

Cheers.

This pic is Waterton lake provincial park in Alberta.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Marty; Grit mentioned car and how small it was. Do you know if they have a ladder type frame under them? Do they really have a 4'bed? Dang!

I was shocked the first time I sat in a Volt. Man that thing was small inside.

They pretty chort. Under 5' long it appeared for sure.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
blt2ski wrote:
I've seen a few of the rivians too. Not sure I'm calling them as ugly as grit. There more of a mid sized pickup SUV sized rig. Not sure a 4' bed is worth having. I'd want a 6' minimum.
Not sure if I'm seeing the same one(s) per say, have seen enough to say there are many here in greater Seattle area. Multiple colors. Just like Tesla, some colorsi like, some are just plain fugly....
I could be seen in one of these, that Tesla pickup.....no thanks.

Marty

To be fair, they look pretty cool minus the front clip. IMO

But on a scale of 1 to Cybertruck for ugly, they are beautiful!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold