cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Torklift!

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well after a lot of debating I decided that I should get some new steps for the camper. Everyone tells me how much they like their Glowsteps so over the weekend I did some research.

I had a question about if I could use them with my existing mounting set-up as I actually have two sets of steps (one to the ground and one that only goes to the trailer and I only take the set I will need on that trip) so I fired off an E-mail. The first reply back was telling me most of what I already knew but Darrel asked me to send a picture of the steps I was using so he could make sure that we are both on the same page. Well the second E-mail from Darrel included some pictures of the steps with a measuring tape across them to get me the exact sizes.

It is so nice to get real customer service. Makes you want to buy the product. In fact I am thinking that maybe I should replace both sets of steps. Will do one first and see about the second after I try these.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks
17 REPLIES 17

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
The Torklift Glow Steps are very good quality. I had issues with my set being drilled wrong and I took them apart and sent back just the steps. They quickly sent back ones that were drilled properly. Great customer service and great quality. My original Glow Steps worked fine, but every time I saw the crooked steps, it bothered me.
Torklift has received more business from me since their customer service was great. I now have a set of their tie downs that are also very high quality.

A great company.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

Sparky87k5
Explorer
Explorer
I've never dealt directly with them but after buying their Fastgun tiedowns and locks I'm very happy with the products. Looking now at their Safesteps as they seem ideal for my use with a dog that travels with us. I also like the fact they're an American company using local employees. They seem to build a quality product at a fair price.
2000 F350 Lariat LE V10 CC LB 4WD DRW
2005 Eagle Cap 850 Camper
1993 Robalo 2440 twin '07 Merc Optimax 150's
1978 Glasply 28' with twin 310hp V8's

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
You said it, by far the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE I ever had to deal with. They picked up on a post I'd written about here. When switching my Super Hitch over to my new truck. I didn't know then that they monitored this site,and almost immediately they e-mailed me and said, send my Super Hitch back to them and they would COMPLETELY refurbish (powder coat) it and return it to me completely FREE of charge, including shipping. My hitch was 4 yrs. old at this time, and because of the amount of salt they use in my neck of the woods,I just considered this normal wear and tear. No, not to TORKLIFT. In this day and age you don't see this too often.What really impressed me was how quickly they picked up on it. And all there products are Made In the USA. No offense to our Other North American cousins. Keep up the Excellent work. K

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
kerry4951 wrote:
Torklift has the best customer service of any company that I ever dealt with

Excellent -- and certainly in the top 2 or 3 for sure.
Cal

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
I was surprised to see that they followed these forums. A couple years ago I had an issue when installing my tiedowns and posted here asking for advice. I was surprised to get a pm directly from them.

They've also always responded to emails I've sent them. For that matter so has Adventurer. That definately played a part in my decision when I decided to purchase a new unit.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 wrote:
Can someone link me to the piece on Torklift install? I want to compare it with the one we fabricated on our 2015 ... It's quite different ... apparently on the 2015, Happy-jac doesn't fit exactly either, we had to modify it, and Darryl told me TL won't fit the 2015 as well. So, we built our own rather than wait.

Here's the link: Torklift TD Installation Report
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
VARedRAM wrote:
Mike - I read your piece on installing Torklift tie-downs on your new truck before I bought and installed mine on my 2013 RAM 2500. No problems at all. Thanks for posting that piece! Now I just need a TC....

Cool! Glad it helped. Were you able to get that rear bracket to sit flush for the fronts?
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Mello Mike wrote:
Yep, Torklift provides terrific customer service. They also monitor this forum daily to get additional feedback on their products.

Can someone link me to the piece on Torklift install? I want to compare it with the one we fabricated on our 2015 ... It's quite different ... apparently on the 2015, Happy-jac doesn't fit exactly either, we had to modify it, and Darryl told me TL won't fit the 2015 as well. So, we built our own rather than wait.

And, X-10 on Torklift -- I've been in the shop for work - was traveling and had an issue, they guys jumped right on it and I was out of there in a couple hours. They also measured out my 2500 GMC, as they didn't have products for it - the 2500 (final version of that GM truck was produced in 2003) --

The employees there enjoy working there too -- so, that says something about the whole company.

Anyone wants details on what we did on this 2015 fabrication, let me know ... PM
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
x5 🙂
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

PNWWade
Explorer
Explorer
I can tell you from first hand experience that Torklift goes above beyond when it comes to customer service. Very helpful. One of the best in the business.
2004.5 Dodge Ram SLT 2500 Cummins 4x4 Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
2009 Northern Lite 9.6Q Classic SE w/Boat Rack
Progressive Dynamics Inteli-Power 4645
Torklift Tie Downs w/Fastguns
Honda EU2000i

VARedRAM
Explorer
Explorer
Mike - I read your piece on installing Torklift tie-downs on your new truck before I bought and installed mine on my 2013 RAM 2500. No problems at all. Thanks for posting that piece! Now I just need a TC....
2013 Dodge RAM 2500 Crew Cab, short bed
no TC yet!

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
I'm also looking at the lock and load from Torklift. It's nice to know they've got great customer service.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

SpknTC
Explorer
Explorer
Great! since I'm looking at their lock and load.
Ford F450 6.7L PSD DRW 4X4
Arctic Fox 865

More2Explore
Explorer
Explorer
Mello Mike wrote:
Yep, Torklift provides terrific customer service. They also monitor this forum daily to get additional feedback on their products.

X3 or am I X4 :h

With both my vehicles I've had great customer service with my questions!
2014 Wolf Creek 850 SB
2013 F-350 SCB SB 4X4 6.2 L