cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for more narrow recliners

beachlovingmom
Explorer
Explorer
A few weeks ago, the topic of replacing the sofa with recliners sent me to Lazy Boy. We chose 2 and had quotes written. Our camper was in storage. Now my husband has trekked through the snow and ice to measure the space for the recliners. It is 70 inches. What we picked out will not work.

Does anyone have recommendations of brands or stores that sell recliners that are 34 inches width or less? Thanks for any advice!
11 REPLIES 11

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a bad back and went through three or four Lay-Z-Boy recliners over a 15 year period. Never found one that didn't make my back hurt. Two years ago I discovered Ekornes Stressless recliners. They're "Euro-style" and designed by a chiropractor. My back hasn't hurt since. They're also considerably less bulky and lighter than most Lay-Z-Boy recliners. When we finally go full-time in a year or two, Ekornes are what will be going in whatever fiver we choose. They're pricey, but SO worth it.
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

AprilWhine
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced the sofa in our RV with modular theater seating. The space was 72" wide and we put three seats in the space with 3" left over. In addition to the seats, there was a center console available and you could get left or right arms. Bought at Sofa Mart in Yuma AZ but it's a national chain.

Picture: Each seat is a powered, zero clearance recliner

1997 Prevost by Angola towing 2014 Honda CRV
OR
2008 Winnebago View towing 2015 Fiat 1957 Anniversary Edition
Pick one

ashnic
Explorer
Explorer
Lazy boy's in ours..32" wide..and like crickydog said the backs come off making it very easy to get in the camper.
2012 2500HD GMC Sierra
2011 Outback 295RE

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
De Leon makes RV furniture and they have a double recliner that is 68" wide: double recliner It's also not as deep front to back compared to anything comparable.

They also have a swivel recliner that is 29.5" wide. swivel recliner

Depending on the layout in your TT, you need to watch the front to back dimension in upright and extended position. A lot of otherwise nice looking pieces just won't fit depth-wise. We found that out when looking into an alternative for replacing the standard RV sofa.

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
Lazy boy I am sitting in is 31" wide. A good feature of this is that the back is removeable for Getting into Rig. This was replacement for two swivel rockers.

Love it. If ypu really need more info send me a PM and I will try to find a model number.
Jim :W
2007 Silverado 3/4 LTZ Crew Duramax/Allison
2008 Keystone Cougar 311RLS

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Our original recliners were made by Flexsteel
http://www.flexsteel.com/home-furniture/products/reclining-furniture/recliners

We replace them with two Lazy Boy recliners. The Lazy Boy recliners are just a little bigger but still fit in the space. We often will take one recliner and move it into the center (still room to walk around). This gives us both more room when we plan on spending the day watching movies or a televised event like the superbowl.

I would keep trying Lazy Boy. Contact them with your needs and they will help you find the right item.

There is also a european style chair with an ottoman that a lot of RVers were switching to back in the 90's. It seemed to be really comfortable.
Something like this:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Euro-Recliner-Lounge-Chair-and-Ottoman-Mocha/11088562

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
We got our swivel rocking recliners from Lazy-Boy also

27" across the width (outside arm to outside arm)

We told them we need recliners for an RV......they took us right to the ones.
Said lots of RV folks come in asking for narrow ones.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

crickeydog
Explorer
Explorer
beachlovingmom wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations of brands or stores that sell recliners that are 34 inches width or less? Thanks for any advice!

We purchased/ordered two narrow recliner/rocker/swivel chairs from Lazy-Boy for our 5'er about 3 years ago and have been very happy with them. Granted things may have changed since but check with Lazy-Boy again and see if they don't have a narrow size chair that'll fit your RV. I can't recall the width of our chairs (they're 34" wide or narrower) but I can send you a private email with the exact dimensions and model name of the chairs if it would help you at Lazy-Boy. I'd bet money that Lazy-Boy builds what you want. You just need to find the right salesperson.

Happy camping!!! See y'all down the road!!!:)
USAF RETIRED 02/1992
DOD RETIRED 04/2014

D/W US GOV/DOJ/DEA RETIRED 10/2010

PULL DOG:
2006 GMC 3500 CC DRW D/A LBZ 4X4 SLT

2004 HOLIDAY RAMBLER PRESIDENTIAL 30' SCD 5'ER

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Ours was made by Best Chairs Inc. I see your in Ohio but I don't know where. We got ours at Shellys in North Lima, Ohio. About $350 as I recall. 34" wide and two will fit.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Look at Best Furniture. They have a few that are narrow. We ended up going with a dual recliner with a center console. 62" wide.
We also looked at these from Best.http://www.besthf.com/best/Furniture/Recliners/Power-Recliners/COSTILLA

BuckBarker
Explorer
Explorer
How about a dual reclining loveseat? One less arm to contend with.