cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

This followed me home today!!

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer

Traded my 2004 F 150 SCREW in for it,, 2012 2500HD silverado.. Happy Day!!
33 REPLIES 33

lpxguy
Explorer
Explorer
jake2250 wrote:
lpxguy wrote:
don't mean to snuff your candle but I had the identical truck w/ 8' bed (2010) and one of the reasons I traded was the gas mi.(10.5 city) Had an awesome ride & towed great!
Good luck with it!

No its all good,,we took it for a shake down ride the day after 285 miles round trip and I averaged 13mpg not towing,, Not to bad for a full size truck.
I bought it for piece of mind towing knowing I have enough truck to haul all of my stuff safely is my main goal.. I find it strange that people buy a TRUCK and expect car gas mileage. My Impala gets great (to me) fuel mileage for a big car,, My truck weighs close to 7000 lbs and has all the horse power I need,, If I can get 10mpg towing my 5000lb trailer and all of my gear 1500lbs +/-,@60-65mph I will be satisfied, Nice part is I know if I want to get there faster and step it up to 70-75mph I have that power,, knowing fuel mileage will suffer.
Bought a truck to do truck stuff,,, is what it is to me.. Thanks!!

then you're going to love it!!!
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 CC DRW D/A(FOR SALE)
2013 Crusader 335BHS TE(FOR SALE)

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
lpxguy wrote:
don't mean to snuff your candle but I had the identical truck w/ 8' bed (2010) and one of the reasons I traded was the gas mi.(10.5 city) Had an awesome ride & towed great!
Good luck with it!

No its all good,,we took it for a shake down ride the day after 285 miles round trip and I averaged 13mpg not towing,, Not to bad for a full size truck.
I bought it for piece of mind towing knowing I have enough truck to haul all of my stuff safely is my main goal.. I find it strange that people buy a TRUCK and expect car gas mileage. My Impala gets great (to me) fuel mileage for a big car,, My truck weighs close to 7000 lbs and has all the horse power I need,, If I can get 10mpg towing my 5000lb trailer and all of my gear 1500lbs +/-,@60-65mph I will be satisfied, Nice part is I know if I want to get there faster and step it up to 70-75mph I have that power,, knowing fuel mileage will suffer.
Bought a truck to do truck stuff,,, is what it is to me.. Thanks!!

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
My son has eaten at The Birds, gave the Fish and Chips a thumbs up btw.

lpxguy
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck with it!
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 CC DRW D/A(FOR SALE)
2013 Crusader 335BHS TE(FOR SALE)

ExxWhy
Explorer
Explorer
Some worry about posting a plate # on the internet. Still haven't figured out why.

Congrats on the truck!

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
You forgot to put a towel over the license plate :). Sweet truck!

Whats with the towel??

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
You forgot to put a towel over the license plate :). Sweet truck!
Puma 30RKSS

nohurry
Explorer
Explorer
congrats on your new truck! Looks like a nice one!

True story; ten years ago I walked out the door to go to work. My '87 Bronco wouldn't start, so I walked right back in the house and went back to bed. A few hours later, after the wife had gone to work I went out, poured a little gas in the carb, and it started up. I drove it straight to the dealer and made a deal on a brand new F150. Leaving the dealership I called the wife and said "Hi Honey, guess what I just bought?" Even though she had gotten her new car a year earlier she wasn't amused. I still hear about it today, but we laugh about it now. Needless to say, she was with me when I bought my new one a few months ago.

Anyway, enjoy yours, I hope she gives you many happy memories.
Carl
2007 National RV, Sea Breeze

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
weighed all of my crabbing equipment tonight and measured everything,,, Found out I had an 8' bed... Thought I bought a 6'6",,,, Okay,, the deal just got a little sweeter!!! I thought it was a little tough to park!!!

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Locky wrote:
If I brought home that Truck my wife would be wining and dining me plus doing a few extra things that I can't mention on here because it is a family site. She loves a nice truck.

If I brought that truck home Liz would think I had been replaced by an alien duplicate!
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
stsmark wrote:
Nice truck, sounds like a great deal. Glad Bodega Bay worked, but if the situation ever looks really bleak, Nick's Cove in Marshall is the romantic equivalent of a Hail Mary pass. Enjoy

Have always passed Nicks cove but never stopped,, thats on the radar now!! Thank you!!,just a heads up,, noticed a new cafe in Bodega,, where the old firehouse used to be,,, "The Birds Cafe", we saw allot of people (10 -12) sitting at the picnic tables as we drove by.. Another spot to check out!!

We did stop a couple of times to access the beach,, but climbing over that dune was rough at Marshall's,, Nice beach tough!!

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
Nice truck, sounds like a great deal. Glad Bodega Bay worked, but if the situation ever looks really bleak, Nick's Cove in Marshall is the romantic equivalent of a Hail Mary pass. Enjoy

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
jake2250 wrote:
...Wifes cars gets to stay in!!

She was surprised when i came home and a salesman came thru the door wanting the title to my truck,,She drove the new one and said,, "I dont want to know how much"!! Told me I owed her dinner or lunch someplace special!!! So,, a trip to the ocean for lunch and wine on the beach!!! Now she says its HER truck!!!

At least you get an Impala SS!

And has she tried to put anything in the bed of the truck? My wife will only take stuff that fits in the cab. The tailgate is too high to lift heavy stuff.

I wish it was as simple as that!!! No the Impala SS Is Hers,,, as the truck is now HERS!! I just get to make payments,wash it,service it and Ask to use it!!! What ever,,, she cant drive both at once!!

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
jake2250 wrote:
...Wifes cars gets to stay in!!

She was surprised when i came home and a salesman came thru the door wanting the title to my truck,,She drove the new one and said,, "I dont want to know how much"!! Told me I owed her dinner or lunch someplace special!!! So,, a trip to the ocean for lunch and wine on the beach!!! Now she says its HER truck!!!

At least you get an Impala SS!

And has she tried to put anything in the bed of the truck? My wife will only take stuff that fits in the cab. The tailgate is too high to lift heavy stuff.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS