cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Time for tires so Maxxis or Goodyear Endurance?

dragr1
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s time for tires on my travel trailer. It usually has 9000-9500 lbs on the axles. Iโ€™ve been running load range E Maxxis size 225/75/15 and have been very pleased. But I now see that Goodyear is making the Endurance tire in the U.S. Iโ€™ve never been a Goodyear fan but whatโ€™s the consensus Goodyear or Maxxis?
2014 Ram 3500 CC Longbed 4x4, G56, tow rig
2013 Jayco 33BHTS Travel Trailer
2014 Toyota Tacoma CC TRD 4x4, work rig
40 REPLIES 40

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Search on "Maxxis" and see numerous blowout reports. So far I've only seen one negative on Endurance.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

path1
Explorer
Explorer
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Wills6_4_Hemi
Explorer
Explorer
I have never had a problem with maxxis, they got many of us thru times when all others failed. I will buy maxxis and not switch teams just because the other team finally decided to step up their game to the level maxxis has been at for years. Jmho

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maxxis, goodyear
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I would consider, instead, an LT truck tire over any trailer tire.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Cecilt wrote:
I have run Maxxis and now run GY Endurance. THe Maxxis were in the 4th year this past spring and on our first trip the sidewall on one tire started to separate. TPMS warned me and all was good. Put on a GY Endurance at a tire store next day. Put 3 more GY Endurance on the TT when I returned home. I like them better. Much stronger sidewall and much less flex. Seemed to ride better as well.
+1 on all that. Virtually same experience.

My MAXXIS was separating just short of four years. Fingers crossed for Endurance.

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have Maxxis now and have been quite satisfied with them. However, if I was to go with ST tires, Iโ€™d go with the GYโ€™s just for the made in USA.
Iโ€™m probably going to replace tires in the next year or so and will be looking at LTโ€™s.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Cecilt
Explorer
Explorer
I have run Maxxis and now run GY Endurance. THe Maxxis were in the 4th year this past spring and on our first trip the sidewall on one tire started to separate. TPMS warned me and all was good. Put on a GY Endurance at a tire store next day. Put 3 more GY Endurance on the TT when I returned home. I like them better. Much stronger sidewall and much less flex. Seemed to ride better as well.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Both are good, both have had blowouts. I put the Endurance on my 10k gvwr trailer and have been very satisfied. A friend has Maxxis on his and has been very satisfied. Flip a coin.

bluefishgary
Explorer
Explorer
I run the endurance tires. I have a 3 axle car hauler with
living quarters so its heavy. 10,000miles so far tires look like new. Buy American.
2019 Ford DRW C/C
2017 Vintage with living quarters 44'3 Axle
I caught a fish once -it was fun

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
big boats maxxis , my truck and MH are michelin.