Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tires for a 17 foot Boler

pianotuna
Nomad III
Nomad III
Hi,

My brother has acquired a Boler 17 foot. The tires are outrageously old.

Does anyone have recommendations for tires? (Unit is located in Canada).
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
3 REPLIES 3

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
I've used P tires for years on single and lightweight tandem axle trailers. However as gwm says passing along tire size and axle rating would be very helpful.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Don,
My recco would be to suggest a tire that has been in use for many years and has developed reputation for reliability. Two such tires in 14" size that are in use around the world on commercial vans are the Kumho 857 and the Hankook RA18. I like to run tires that have already developed a good reputation from long term use.

EDIT: as small as those trailers are it may have 13". Being so lightweight, I'd actually put a passenger car tire under it. Plenty of load capacity for a little single axle trailer like that.

EDIT TWO: doing some poking around on fiberglass rv forum, it looks like the 17' was quite a bit heavier and originally came with F78-14 car tires. The Hankook RA18 in 195-14 would seem to be a good replacement for that.

Fiberglass RV forum is a great place to hang out for info on all things FGRV. Good group of folks. I learned a lot when I was shopping at the time was considering a Casita.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
If his intent is to keep this trailer for awhile I'd personally put Goodyear Endurance on it ... question is, what size? :h
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380