cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Titan Fuel Tank dealer in the Houston area?

harrysteven
Explorer
Explorer
Folks:

Can anyone recommend a Titan Fuel Tank dealer in the Houston area? I want to replace the stock fuel tank on my Dodge 3500 with a 60 gallon Titan tank. I also want the dealer to install it.

Thanks.

Harry
6 REPLIES 6

harrysteven
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, BeerCan!

BeerCan
Explorer
Explorer
1. replacement
2. no

Once I correctly torqued the seal on the top of the tank I have not had a water intrusion issue.

harrysteven
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! And I appreciate the warnings. I have two questions. The people who had trouble with water intrusion and water damage:

1. Did they get an auxiliary tank or a replacement for the original tank?

2. Was the work done by one of Titan's authorized dealers?

I really want to extend our driving range but I don't want to take any chances with the engine.

Thanks.

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
That's the brand auxiliary tank Ric had on his 6.7L PSD Superduty when the HPFP failed and Ford denied warranty as water damage appeared to be the cause. Made my stomach crawl when I read the name.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

my996duc1
Explorer
Explorer
4 Wheel Parts sells them and installs them... looks like they list stores in the Houston area.
I've never paid retail prices at a 4 Wheel Parts, so be sure to ask for their best price.
Can't remember what I paid for mine but it wasn't retail OR the first price 4 Wheel Parts quoted either.

_
2007 Coachmen Cross Country 354MBS
2005 LJ Rubicon Sahara

BeerCan
Explorer
Explorer
If you get a Titan make absolutely sure whoever installs it follows the directions to the letter. I had someone install mine and I had to take it out because it was not done correctly, specifically they did not torque the seal. This leads to water intrusion. The also did not install the vent line. I did not pay them.