cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toyota Tundra/Lance Combo

SamCol
Explorer
Explorer
Saw a Tundra dbl cab 4x4 the other day. Sat nice and level and looked real nice. I know it was over payload etc. Just wondering if anyone has the set up and how you like it.:@
6 REPLIES 6

jmcgsd
Explorer
Explorer
HMS Beagle wrote:
hedgehopper wrote:
Some of us value Toyota reliability.

They do have a good reputation. My last two pickups were a Dodge 2500HD V10 and a Ford F350 7.3L, both purchased new. I sold the Dodge at 65K miles, with a total repair bill of $8 (broken heater fan knob at 55K miles). I am about to sell the Ford at 90 K miles, with a total repair bill of $250 (pinion seal $50 at 40K miles, alternator $200 at 65K miles).

The only way a Toyota could substantially beat that is if it wrote me a check every year :).

Yup and I'm still driving my '91 F350. Carrying a TC sometimes and pulling a 28' TT at others.
'09 Pacific Coachworks Tango 276RBS
95 Lance 880 Truck Camper

'91 F350 Dually 2WD CC 7.5L (76K Original miles!)
AirLift Bags, Reese Titan hitch, Rancho 9000X

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
hedgehopper wrote:
Some of us value Toyota reliability.

They do have a good reputation. My last two pickups were a Dodge 2500HD V10 and a Ford F350 7.3L, both purchased new. I sold the Dodge at 65K miles, with a total repair bill of $8 (broken heater fan knob at 55K miles). I am about to sell the Ford at 90 K miles, with a total repair bill of $250 (pinion seal $50 at 40K miles, alternator $200 at 65K miles).

The only way a Toyota could substantially beat that is if it wrote me a check every year :).
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

Geewizard
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone Knows It Can't Be Done! Dangerous! Lunacy!

(tongue in cheek comment here).
2021 Winnebago Micro Minnie 1708FB
2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
300W solar, MPPT controller, LED lights
Xantrex Freedom X Inverter 3000W
2 Fullriver 105AH AGM batteries
Air Lift WirelessAIR and air bags
Hankook Dynapro ATM 10-ply tires

Vinsil
Explorer
Explorer
I love Toyota. I have owned 10+ of them in my life from pickups, landcrusiers, 4runners, cars including the current Camry we have. Wish they made a HD truck but they don't....so I drive a Ram. I doubt they ever will...but Nissan just came out with a 5/8 ton....the XD with a diesel. Sort of an in between a 1/2 and 3/4.....so maybe Toyota will...until then...nope.
2017 Ford F-350, crewcab, 4x4, 6.7 diesel.
2016 Thunderjet Luxor 21' limited edition, Yamaha powered.
2016 Wolf Creek 840-SOLD, Arctic Fox 990 ordered.

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
daily double wrote:
Toyota makes a good 1/2 ton pickup, but that's what it is! 1/2 ton! IMO anything you put on it will overload it. Yes you can beef it up, but why not just get a bigger truck?
Some of us value Toyota reliability. I kept waiting for Toyota to come out with an HD pickup, preferably a dually. But it hasn't happened. So now we're driving something else. BTW: Half-tons with campers aren't the only camper-packing pickups that are overloaded. Our dually is overloaded with a lightweight Northern Light Ten 2000.

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
Toyota makes a good 1/2 ton pickup, but that's what it is! 1/2 ton! IMO anything you put on it will overload it. Yes you can beef it up, but why not just get a bigger truck?