cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toyota Tundra SR5 Power Tow Mirrors width

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone, we are starting to look into differant ideas for our next RV, this question concerns one direction we might go.

I have an issue where my garage opening is only 94" Toyota lists the SR5 width without the mirrors at 79.9"

The total width on my Mckesh towing mirrors (for my tacoma) for me to see square down the sides on my 8' wide Jayco is 103" Now that said I could probably cut that down an inch or two.

The SR5 lists "tow mirrors" under their specs. I am almost certain the SR5 tow mirrors width will exceed my garage door opening.

Anyone have any experience with after market powered tow mirrors that can be retracted from inside the cab that would be under 94"?
(maybe toyota service can install?)

Toyota sales was no help at all

Thanks for your replies
Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)
5 REPLIES 5

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a powered retracting tow mirror that can be installed by Toyota service for a NEW SR5 Tundra. My garage doors are only 94"... not wide enough for a Tundra with tow mirrors. Just wondering about the reliability or if anyone has any experience with the powered mirrors.

It is not practical for me to manualy fold in the towing mirrors every time I park in my garage.

This video shows how the mirrors work. Sorry for the confusion on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STU-r_qn3L0

Mike
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
I am a little confused. You talk about Tundra and Tacoma. You state Tundra is too wide for your garage. Are you asking about putting Tundra mirrors on Tacoma? Are you considering buying a Tundra? Both Tundra and Tacoma have fold in mirrors. These mirrors are power mirrors in that they can be adjusted within the housing. You may be able to purchase after market power extending mirrors.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Gooma wrote:
Take a tape measure to the Toyota dealer and roll down the windows and measure. Do Tundra mirrors fold in?

There was only 1 tundra at the dealer, truck had no tow mirrors and it measured wider than my garage door opening.

I'm hoping to come across anyone who has experience with powered tow mirrors that retract on Tundras

Mike

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
I've not seen Tundra mirrors that are power retracted. They do retract or fold inward manually I believe, even the factory towing mirrors.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

Gooma
Explorer
Explorer
Take a tape measure to the Toyota dealer and roll down the windows and measure. Do Tundra mirrors fold in?