Any good system around 200.00$...

Thank you,
Martin
11 REPLIES 11

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Lowsuv wrote:
whatever happened to checking tire pressure with a tire guage ?
our 2 latest cars have the tpms .
frankly i enjoy the responsibility of checking the pressure every month or so .
$ 200 could be spent better by upgrading trailer tires from a load range C to a larger load range D or E .
the D requires 65 psi .
right off the bat i am better to have an underinflated D tire at say 51 psi than i am to have a fully inflated C tire at 50 psi .

That checking the pressure yourself works real well right up to the time you pull onto the road and pick something up in your tire. So now when someone flags you down to tell you this, you have a ruined tire plus lots of damage to the trailer. Now that's the way to save money. NOT. I full agree on moving up one or two load ranges as these companies put on just enough tire to carry the load with practically zero capacity left over. So get better tires and a TPMS and you will know in an instant that a tire is either beginning to overheat or lose pressure.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

Lowsuv
Explorer
Explorer
whatever happened to checking tire pressure with a tire guage ?
our 2 latest cars have the tpms .
frankly i enjoy the responsibility of checking the pressure every month or so .
$ 200 could be spent better by upgrading trailer tires from a load range C to a larger load range D or E .
the D requires 65 psi .
right off the bat i am better to have an underinflated D tire at say 51 psi than i am to have a fully inflated C tire at 50 psi .

canadiankid
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought the tire tracker system and thou I haven't installed them yet I can tell you that the company has been great to deal with(I had a few special requests that they were more than happy to do).

Don.
2010 Tundra Crewmax 2WD 5.7
2009 Greywolf 22BH

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I'm fairly sure that Tire Minder, Tire Tracker, and Hawkshead are the same tpms with different marketing labels (and warranties)

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Rollnhome wrote:
From my research 3 companies sell the same product under different names. Some offer free batteries or other marketing strategies. The difference is price. Tire Minder is another one. I was sure the 507 was the same. I have been wrong before.....ask my wife.

Oh yeah. You can always count on the wife to keep track.of mistakes. :B
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
From my research 3 companies sell the same product under different names. Some offer free batteries or other marketing strategies. The difference is price. Tire Minder is another one. I was sure the 507 was the same. I have been wrong before.....ask my wife.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

legolas
Explorer
Explorer
I have the TST 507 Flow Thru model....you can add air pressure without removing the sensor. Bought mine just before my 2 month trip out west last year. They worked great...let me know asap of low pressure as soon as it happened. They also provide temperature which is something you also want to keep track of. I'd recommend the TST's ....but any brand that performs well is worth the price. The TST's were an easy install as well.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Actually they are two different companys among others such as PressurePro. I have TST. Not familiar with the others so can't comment on one vs the other.

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
I think they are the same just different name. Tiretraker has replaceable batteries also.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
TST 507RV is $239 with 4 sensors with batteries you can replace yourself, $239 w/6 sensors, $299 w/8 sensors from greatrvproducts.com. May find better prices elsewhere.

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
You can get a Tiretraker system with four sensors for about $225. I am happy with mine. BTW additional sensors up to 22 are about $35 each.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976