cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Traffic challenge

ECones
Explorer
Explorer
We were headed into Memphis this week, pulling the TT in the right lane on I-55 with a semi next to us in the left lane. As we approached an entrance ramp at about 60 mph, I watched an SUV coming up the ramp pacing us. She could have speeded up a tad and gotten safely in front of us. Or she could have slowed down a tad and gotten safely behind us. But no. She continued to match our pace until we both arrived at the entrance ramp at the same time. She wound up driving in the entrance ramp right next to our pickup, looked over at us, and started honking. What the ..... ? :?

I guess we were supposed to get out of her way somehow, but running over the semi didn't seem a good option.
98 REPLIES 98

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Like they said, its Memphis. Better to brake for ignorance than to get wrecked or even more likely, SHOT! Which is completelr possible in Memphis anyday.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Coalminer_UG
Explorer
Explorer
pasusan wrote:
This exact situation is why we got an air horn. We've not had the problem since - and never had to actually blow the horn. :C

I like the horn idea. Its on my list.
Ches

Served In Canadian Army 1PPCLI

Retired Underground Coal Miner (Gen Foreman)

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
It's not just Memphis. I think it has to do with the new mentality "it's all about me attitude". It also amazes me, how many illiterate drivers there are that can't read speed LIMIT signs.:R

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Can't fix stupid.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
The very same thing happened to us in Dallas except that she didn't honk, but my wife in the passenger seat said that she gave us the finger!

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
This exact situation is why we got an air horn. We've not had the problem since - and never had to actually blow the horn. :C

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, I brake for incompetent drivers. I would rather have her in front of me than behind and run into me later.

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
I have had that happen a few times over the years. Really annoying that some people never learned the basics of how to enter a highway. NO, I don't change speed for the ignorant.
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

grumpysmurf
Explorer
Explorer
Its Memphis!