cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Transport new camper

gutsplitter
Explorer
Explorer
Need to get a new Eagle Cap 1165 from Everett to Oregon to finish up a custom flatbed. Anybody know any transporters in that area?
Bill
2020 Ram 5500 with Eagle Cap 1165
7 REPLIES 7

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
C'mon, one of you guys has to have a day to kill and needs a big ticket tax free item like new truck tires or something from Oregon...
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
tmartin000 wrote:
Wow...He who asks shall receive.

Way to go DeltaBravo!

I know the inside scoop because I did RV transport for a different company out of Pendleton, OR during the summer of 2014 and 15. A few times I picked up Northwood units over the hill in LaGrande, and saw the Beeline office.

I've also seen the super cool trailers that Beeline supplies to drivers so they can haul two campers, one on their truck and one on a trailer.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

tmartin000
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow...He who asks shall receive.

Way to go DeltaBravo!
2001 Lance 835. SOLD
2009 Lance 1191. SOLD
2021 Lance 1172

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Kayteg1 wrote:
Uship would have some bids, but then you hear about equipment left on the side of the road, or at weigh station when problems arise.
Strongly recommend arranging your own time to go there.

Ditto.

In regards to having an empty RV transporter haul something on a return trip, the only way you can make that happen is to contact the transport companies that have deliveries through the PNW.

You can't just "contact a driver of one of those companies" on your own and have them haul something because they probably won't do it due to insurance / liability reasons.

Here's what I would do:

Contact Bee Line transport in LaGrande, OR. They are the primary transport company for Northwood. They use special trailers to haul the AF truck campers.
I'd think it should be easy to have one of their drivers haul a rig from Everett to Oregon after completing a delivery at Apache Camping Center in Everett.

Here's their contact info:

Address: 64321 Airport Ln, La Grande, OR 97850
Hours: Closed ? Opens 7AM
Phone: (541) 962-7630
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been in equipement transport few years ago and TC are very hard to manage.
Uship would have some bids, but then you hear about equipment left on the side of the road, or at weigh station when problems arise.
Strongly recommend arranging your own time to go there.

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
I am north of Everett and see a lot of RV transporters going north full and back south empty on I5, you should be able to get it shipped for a decent price. I think there are some RV manufacturers in Oregon, I would find someone that delivers for them up this way and I am sure they would love to get a return load.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Idk of any TC transporters, only seen the guys on the freeway hauling TCs to dealers and they're geared up to haul 3 at a time and running interstate, but there are many TC owners in this area and on this forum.
I don't have the time, nor a long bed truck, but it's possible one of the good members here will offer.

I bet Eagle Cap knows of some local guys as I'm sure they ship or pickup campers individually around the area.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold