cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

triple tent hybrids

FerrisFamilyof5
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, people...it's time.... I am a die hard fan of hybrids. Love the tent feel with the convenience of a TT. SO... will be looking into my 4th unit.... who out there has a hybrid with the third tent? I know Palomino, Jayco, Shamrock and Rockwood make them. Also I will not even consider a Thor product. have a 2013 Dutchmen of a lemon right now and it's time to walk away. So skip Keystone and Dutchmen... and KZ too!

OK have at it!!!!
Nights camped in 2016 - 31
2015 Forest River Vibe
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71
me daHusband :C
daWife :?
daSon :B
daBaby boy 😛 (ok so he's 13...still daBaby)
daDog
34 REPLIES 34

galexander
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Jayco X18 and the DW and I Love it, but.......because of a serious shoulder injury I am now considering going to a TT. Is very painful opening and closing bunk ends when I have to raise my arm above my head. Will miss the tent and open air feeling but a man has got to do what a man needs to do.
2017 Chevy Colorado ZR1 3.6L 4X4 Crew Cab
2021 Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS Off Grid
Tekonsha Brake Controller

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
since nearly all hybrid manufacturers make 3-bed models, you need to determine which size of one you will need.
most make a smaller model and a larger model. the larger one usually has a sofa slideout.
this is narrow down your choices.

Coachmen makes two different 3 bed models and Surveyor makes one non slideout model.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have one, but you might want to check the Jayco Owners Forum. There are quite a few owners of the X18D there.

We're on our second hybrid. the first we bought in 2003 and owned for 10 years.
Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

mbutts
Explorer
Explorer
OK, I won't mention my previous Skamper by Aerolite by Thor. 🙂
Mike Butts
DW+DD+DS+Poodles
2017 Forest River Forester 3011DS (first MH!)
Previously 1999 Coleman Santa Fe pop-up, 2007 Kodiak 23SS hybrid, 2013 Sunset Trail 29SS travel trailer

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
Love my 2015 183. When I get a bigger TV, I would purchase a 233S in a heartbeat.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized