cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truck Campers in Ireland.

Specularius
Explorer
Explorer
Took the family to Ireland the first two weeks of August and in our travels, came across these two truck campers.

Sorry for the bad picture of the first one. We were leaving the parking lot of Kylemore Abbey on a bus and had to quickly snap the picture with my phone.

The second picture was at the Poulnabrone stone age burial tomb.

It was a great trip but I took some advice and did not rent an RV for the trip and I was very glad that I took that advice!
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 Scorpion Diesel Reese Ford Hitch
2014 Grand Design Momentum 355TH
4 REPLIES 4

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Now I understand, that wrong side of the road stuff. I just watched a show about a trip thru Africa fron North to South and everytime they entered a different state it was different. That would really bug me. Also making turns is really confusing when your on the other side of the road to start with. I bet you had a great time though, would love to go to Ireland and Scotland.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

Specularius
Explorer
Explorer
tuna fisher wrote:
May I ask why your glad you didn't rent a RV? Being a avid camper I always think of having a RV if you travel to a foreign country.

Because the combination of driving on the other side of the vehicle, along with the other side of the road, along with very narrow roads, along with finding a caravan park that was not already full, was just too much to allow me to enjoy the trip. This was my first time ever to vacation outside of the US. To submit myself, my wife, and our two children to added stress would not have been a good idea. Granted, my heart was wanting to be in an RV, but my mind agrees that it would not have been a good idea.

This is a typical Irish road that we drove on in our tour of Ireland:

That is a two way road!
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 Scorpion Diesel Reese Ford Hitch
2014 Grand Design Momentum 355TH

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
OMG!!!! How could they possibly survive in anything less than 37 feet?!?!?!? 😄
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
May I ask why your glad you didn't rent a RV? Being a avid camper I always think of having a RV if you travel to a foreign country.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)