cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trying to find weight of TT

Cantdrive55
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to find the weight of my TT. I bought it "pre-owned" last year. The sticker on the side is so worn I cannot read it.
22 REPLIES 22

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
I've weighed my rig for nothing several times- once at a grain truck scale that the farm co-op leaves turned on 24/7 and once at the landfill. And I don't know about your neck of the woods, but in mine, highway scales are also left turned on 24/7, so one can run through there when they're closed.

You don't get a certified weight ticket or anything of course, but if you just want to know the weight who cares?
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
My guess is that the #7500 is the trailers GVWR.

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

therink
Explorer
Explorer
therink wrote:
A scale fee is abt $10. Have the tow vehicle and trailer loaded as of camping and weigh it. This is the only true weight that means anything.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.

therink
Explorer
Explorer
A scale fee is abt $10. Heave the tow vehicle and trailer loaded as of camping and weigh it. This is the only true weight that means anything.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.

Cantdrive55
Explorer
Explorer
I saw the 3400 kgs and thought the same.. 7500 pounds. I hope it's gross weight. Really don't want to run through a scale although I think it may be my only option. No other stickers inside the tt anywhere.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
"Dry weight" is really irrelevant, as others have pointed out. You need to know the actual loaded weight as determined at a scale.

That said:

I see a number next-to-last at the very bottom of your pic that looks to me to be "dry weight", only expressed in kilograms. 3402 kilograms is 7500 pounds. Which is what I THINK the number immediately to the left says.

Thing is, though- if it means unloaded or dry, that weight seems high for the load range C tires also indicated on the label. So the above number could be GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating), which would be the maximum allowable weight for the loaded unit.
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
You are looking at the tire info...maybe/possibly if you are lucky there may be a sticker inside a cabinet door (kitchen cabinet??) that will have some weight info.

Something like dry weight, gross vehicle weight, carrying capacity, etc.
Look around.

But, as westend posted, take it to a scale and be sure.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Scale it. Should be a certified Cat scale within 25 mi.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton