cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tst 507

timpitt
Explorer II
Explorer II

Im thinking about getting a tst507 how well do they work? I nothing about them we tow a ford ranger

4 REPLIES 4

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III

Some false signal issues with the TST system have been linked to frequency conflicts with other wireless items like remote thermometers and the issue is solved when the remote item is deactivated. I am not positive but I think the TST system runs on the 400 mhz frequency and thermometers and weather stations can be found on 233 mhz and 400 mhz. Not 100% positive on the frequencies but I am positive about the results. Had it myself years ago and changed to a remote sensor on the other frequency and never had another false reading.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II

I have the TST 507 system. I use it on the truck and the camper.   My 2005 F350 is old enough that it does not have TPM installed as OEM.

I fully agree that you want metal valve stems.  The rubber stems can fatigue from the sensor being on the all rubber stem.  

As for loosing signal, years ago this was reported as an issue and to solve it on long distances, a repeater/signal booster was to be installed.   I am on my 2nd TST system, the first system, the repeater was an extra add on device.  On the last new color display system I bought, the repeater came standard with the kit.  Point being, you may want/need the signal booster pending distance. 

We have a 32 ft TT (aluminum sided) with a crew cab, 6 1/2' bed F350 and I have never lost signal, but I do have the repeater wired in, installed in the camper front cargo hole of the camper. 

I really like the TST system.  

Hope this helps

John

2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

You mentioned you are towing a Ford Ranger. Behind a MH? Not sure if you noticed but this is posted in the travel trailer forum.

I had the TST 507 flow through on a previous MH and had some issues with it. Most notably it would drop a signal on several tires randomly and set off a low psi alarm for no reason and then a minute later it reported an ok psi. I started to question the reliability of alerts, which is not what I am looking for in a TPMS. I know a lot of folks have the TST and seem to love it - maybe I had a bad set. I am currently using the tire minder system for about a year now with absolutely no issues. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

pbeverly
Nomad
Nomad

I would recommend metal valve stems. I have something similiar which worked great, except one unit caused a problem on a rubber stem, so I took them off. I will be getting new tires in the Spring and will have metal stems put on. I will try again then. 

Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf