Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TT and tax deductions

Weeluvdis
Explorer
Explorer
Hello
We bought our first TT in June 2013. I vaguely remember the salesman saying something to do with a tax deduction on the TT because it is considered a second home. Can anyone tell me more about this? What, if anything is deductible?
20 REPLIES 20

dlk
Explorer
Explorer
Our tax adviser told us last year that we could deduct the interest.
Dan & Pam UP of Michigan
F 350 Fx4 Keystone Sprinter

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry you don't get to deduct your sales tax. You can deduct the interest on the RV loan as a second home, if you go long form on your Federal Taxes. Use schedule A just like on your original home.
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Greydennyhawk wrote:
If the debt on your RV is secured by your RV , and it has cooking, sleeping and toilet facilities, the interest on this debt is deductible.
Check with your tax advisor

Do you deduct anything on your taxes for your RV? Unless you're using it for business, how do you do it? What's the tax code? Please advise.

trnfla
Explorer
Explorer
Greydennyhawk wrote:
If the debt on your RV is secured by your RV , and it has cooking, sleeping and toilet facilities, the interest on this debt is deductible.

You are allowed to deduct your main home and 1 second home/rv loan interest as long as the rv has the items above.
Now 2004 Winnie Minnie 31C
Had 2007 Zeppelin 190 Hybrid,
1999 30' Dutchman Classic FW

Greydennyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
Denny, Rosie and Josie the Beagle
2016 Allegro 36 LA
2016 Mazda 3

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! If someone can answer that question, I'll kiss you! I've had H&R Block prepare my taxes for the last ba-zillion years and I've never been able to deduct a single penny. What's the answer ... please tell!