cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TT's with Factory Installed Generators

Raymon
Explorer
Explorer
Do any TT manufacturers offer factory installed generators that can be started from inside the TT? If not, do any TT manufacturers offer generator pre-wired options for a TT?

Our last MH was a class C. We have gotten spoiled with the built-in generator and automatic levelers. We have previously owned 3 TT's and one 5th wheel. None of them had built-in generators or automatic levelers so I know all about the extra work involved in owning and setting up a TT. We boondock much of the time; that is the reason we want a built-in generator. We might explore the possibility of adding solar power to a TT.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Ray
7 REPLIES 7

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I chose solar, more battery and inverter to leave my portable generator at home.

If I need AC 24/7 I am looking for hookups. Granted solar does not work well in the shade the battery can still go a few days to a week depending on conservation.

Your local dealer probably can set you up with a built in generator if you must.

oughtsix
Explorer
Explorer
A built in generator is the number one reason my next trailer will be a toy hauler. The number 2 reason for a toyhauler is the huge tanks. I bought a trailer because I thought toyhaulers were for motor sport enthusiasts... stupid thinking, my next trailer will be a toy hauler and the garage will only be used for bicycles and kayaks.

The trailers I have seen with generators have had propane generators and they burn through your propane tanks quite quickly from everything I have head. The majority of toyhaulers have gas powered generators or at least are prewired for one.
2006 Duramax Crew Cab Long Bed pickup.
2007 Coachman Captiva 265EX trailer.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Arctic Fox 22 H has a built in Gen you can order. A few of the Nash models do as well.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
WyoTraveler wrote:
You could place a generator in the PU bed and add a remote start cable.

That's how I would do it. Generators are common in Motorhomes and Toy Haulers, but not seen much in TTs mainly because of the way they utilize the storage bays, which contemplates a portable generator.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

chr_
Explorer
Explorer
You can add your own compartment and Genset like this:

-CHR$
1996 Safari Sahara Edition 35' Diesel Pusher. Just getting the Solar stuff started.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
You could place a generator in the PU bed and add a remote start cable.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
Raymon wrote:
Do any TT manufacturers offer factory installed generators that can be started from inside the TT? If not, do any TT manufacturers offer generator pre-wired options for a TT?

Our last MH was a class C. We have gotten spoiled with the built-in generator and automatic levelers. We have previously owned 3 TT's and one 5th wheel. None of them had built-in generators or automatic levelers so I know all about the extra work involved in owning and setting up a TT. We boondock much of the time; that is the reason we want a built-in generator. We might explore the possibility of adding solar power to a TT.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Ray

Have seen one or two (Northwoods) offer it on some in the past, but they are propane version & from what I hear not efficient. NO fuel tanks available for TT's.

Toyhaulers have them built in.

We did the dual Honda's 2000 when we had the TT, but that included two gens and a extra run time tank (lots of additional equipment), since went to a Class C, because of beneifit of on-board genie.

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.