cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TT with integral generator for AC

W_E_BGood
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a travel trailer manufacturer-made with an integral propane powered generator to power the AC unit, similar to many class B's and C's?
13 REPLIES 13

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
W.E.BGood wrote:
Thanks to all who responded! And the answer IS.....the Northwood Manufacturing Arctic Fox "Nash" model, some sizes have a 3.6 Kw Onan LP on-board genny as a build option. Exactly what we're looking for.

edit: Also the Arctic Fox 25R and 28F!
Arctic Fox and Nash are two different brands from Northwoods, as far as I know there isn't a "Nash" model of Artic Fox brand..
2015 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7, 3.93
2013 Econ 16RB TT

W_E_BGood
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all who responded! And the answer IS.....the Northwood Manufacturing Arctic Fox "Nash" model, some sizes have a 3.6 Kw Onan LP on-board genny as a build option. Exactly what we're looking for.

edit: Also the Arctic Fox 25R and 28F!

bighonkinf350
Explorer
Explorer
Got it.
'04 F350,6.0 PSD,3.73,5 spd Torqshift,Lariat,CC,LB,SRW,Lund Lunar visor,Firestone Ride Rites,
2016 Nash 23D with Cummins/Onan onboard generator & Sit'n Sleep option

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
nash 17k we're interested in is genny ready, with an onan option. I think that the low end bumper pull trailers tend to not be setup for that..

Personally I sorta prefer a portable gas genny, I can use it for a variety of things and gas is easy to come by... I can see though how handy push-button 110v could be.
2015 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7, 3.93
2013 Econ 16RB TT

bighonkinf350
Explorer
Explorer
still trying to figure out how to update profile since we no longer have a camper.
'04 F350,6.0 PSD,3.73,5 spd Torqshift,Lariat,CC,LB,SRW,Lund Lunar visor,Firestone Ride Rites,

bighonkinf350
Explorer
Explorer
Wife& I took delivery of a Nash 23D in April. We opted for the factory installed Onan propane generator.

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have not seen a propane generator, my Dad has a toyhauler and the onboard generator pulls directly from the 30 gallon gasoline fuel station. I have never seen a propane generator integrated, doesn't mean there are not any though.

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
My old 2000 Bigfoot came with a factory installed Onan Microlite 2500 LP.

I see on their site they still offer generators.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
As already mentioned, many Northwood MFG trailers (Arctic Fox/Nash) come with it as an option. Even if you choose one of their trailers that doesn't have it, there's a fair chance that there's a compartment for it, and it's already pre-wired.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Community Alumni
Not applicable
DutchmenSport wrote:
Generators on standard bumper pull TT's just don't exist unless they've been custom installed or an after market install. I don't know of any that comes equipped with any kind of generator.

Nash travel trailers offer factory installed generators. We almost bought one.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Generators on standard bumper pull TT's just don't exist unless they've been custom installed or an after market install. I don't know of any that comes equipped with any kind of generator. Unless, something is just recently being manufactured I know nothing about.

Toy Haulers, on the other hand, are a different story though. Generators on bumper pull Toy Haulers are common. The problem with Toy Haulers though, it's not as common for them to have slide outs like a Travel Trailer does. Some Toy Haulers do have slides, but usually just one, unlike a TT that could have as many as 4.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think Artic Fox you can order a generator on some TT models. Custom build units you can order with a generator as well. New Horizon, Spacecraft, Continental.

As above poster said many TH have built in generators as well.

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes.
Common on toy hauler type trailers.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY